Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Cutting budgets, adjusting consumation of content.

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Cutting budgets, adjusting consumation of content.

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 38 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

It seems I’m always busy on Fridays when the new thread starts so I’ve missed a few in a row.

But I’m now starting them on Saturdays. After the Weekender is live 😉

Just finished some new Arc Worlde minis.

Very cool minis. Love the pink wizz0rd! @danlee How about some sparkly bling highlights? Or moon and stars? XD

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Speaking of “adjusting”

Man my body has a hard time adjusting to anything. First spring comes around and pesters me with hay fever and stuff and today I moved office for half a day and I feel like every limb is about to fall off and I drop dead asleep on the spot.

Getting old is terrible!

It’s 4 minutes to 8pm. I hope I can muster some strength and paint something. I really want to.

But I don’t want to move.

Send help! XD

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Happy May 4th!

And I did some painting!

IMG_20230503_224105306

Also my limbs are still feeling like they could fall off any second.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice. Looks like R2D-209

It’s Thursday already. Jeez. Starting the week on a Tuesday really does mess with my sense of timing! And next week we, in the UK, get another Bank Holiday. Something to do with some posh bloke having a hat fitting or something.

I’ve been Blender-ing (that’s a word, right?). Making some tiles for 3d printing. But, because I’m stingy, trying to make them as hollow as possible, to save on resin. It’s going ok. I might post results later (or could just as likely throw them in the bin and never talk about it again, depending on how successful it is!)

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Something to do with some posh bloke having a hat fitting or something.

I thought it was some kind of cook-off since Gerry mentioned something about a chicken sandwich… because I didn’t get what the Moonstone mini was meant to be as there is no chicken or sandwich!

But, because I’m stingy, trying to make them as hollow as possible, to save on resin.

At some point all the test prints will have used up more resin than you ever could save… what a nightmare cycle!

It’s Thursday evening, my wrist still hurts. No game for me tonight but maybe some more paint while watching @warbossd stream.

Satyr-Day silliness for the new weekend thread timeslot? Whew! That gives me a little reprieve on the detail for the figure. I don’t feel bad now for falling down a rabbit hole to work on the medieval Indian project, learn more for the medieval Korean, buy more for the Arabian Knights (that wasn’t a surprise), get more done on my random build and get some impulse buy figures painted for Giftmas. Yes, Gerry isn’t the only hobby butterfly here… could I be a Hobby Bumblebee?

Then again the world can indeed slow down again to some sort of sanity (yes really.. it can)

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yes, Gerry isn’t the only hobby butterfly here… could I be a Hobby Bumblebee?

On the greater scale of things I think most miniature wargamers are hobby butterflies. Just some have managed to establish some self control. Be it due to lack of funds, time, space or “understanding SO”.

And this my dear @horati0nosebl0wer  is the proper way of playing the bumbly bee flight song. On bass.

Anyone care to take a guess on what will be the main topic on The Weekender today?

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

It is a new thread over at:

[unofficial weekender] Cons and pros

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Spam bot alert!

please review that users normscruze posting history!

@tgu3 @nakchak

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)