Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Did you notice? January is over!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Did you notice? January is over!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Just don’t complain about spoilers!

Only if you released the next Imperial Interlude before episode 7 ?.  (Have people complained about spoilers? It’s their fault for listening first before watching the episode).

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

I wouldn’t know… as far as I know we didn’t get a single comment yet… but at the same time anchor.fm does the audio distribution so technically there could be comments on iTunes or Spotify and I wouldn’t know it 😉

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

if those comments are like the average YouTube comment then it’s best not reading them anyway 😉

//
    Don’t you just hate it when you’ve all these ideas that you want to try out and not enough time and money in the world to do them all ?

I kind of like what I’m seeing from the new GW releases for the Eldar, which kind of makes me want to finish building my space elf army.
    And at the same time I don’t like 40k enough to want to invest in the new Eldar codex just to build it according to the official lists as I expect it to be lacking in fluff, which sucks as the corsairs could be interesting.

speaking of those corsairs …Killteam just feels too much like a game with microtransactions where you’re paying just to get to the good stuff, because the core game is so dreadfully bare bone and lacking in excitement. I know I should have seen that coming after the initial unboxings, but I really wanted to like what the game wanted to do. I think I’ll have to switch to Deadzone/Stargrave combo, but it kind of lacks the charm/nostalgia of 40k.

Same thing with Daughters of Khaine … one interesting new model and a codex that (unlike the Eldar one) doesn’t feel like it would add anything to what the ‘old’ one had (which was released just before the current version of AoS was released). The completionist in me would want it, but the realist in me knows that I can’t be bothered to do anything. Like the Eldar this is an army that I do want to finish (sometime in the future … )

Anyways … rant done, sleep now. Need to find a way to keep my collection, finish whatever is in my pile of opportunity and somehow reduce the number of potential games within to a managable number. I keep discovering new ideas/opportunities as I dig in.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Tuesday lads…. uHH tonight unless something kills me or my internet.

Question: why the flock is it so hard to get a decent picture of grey minis with a gold rim? In person they look great (to me) but when I take a picture they look so much worse. The gold is almost not noticeable on pictures.  Frustrating.

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Not much painting these last few days (even though I’m off work). Instead I’ve been having a little sort out, trying to compact some of my hobby stuff down into boxes to make it all fit on my shelves.

Then a friend’s challenged me to a game of SPQR this Saturday, wanting to steal my farm animals, so I’ve dug out my Gauls to defend the farm.
    SPQR is a bit of a bad rules system so I’ve spent the last hour watching videos on Infamy! Infamy!

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

damn it … just as I was trying to convince myself not to give in to FOMO …

Warlord has to show us Slaine

I don’t know who that guy is, but a skirmish game with crazy barbarians and evil whatevers does sound cool.

Incoming! Sláine Miniatures Game

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

If I remember correctly it’s a comic from the same age and mind that did strontium dog, judge dredd and such

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yes, I’m very tempted as well. I’ve read most of the comics and the minis looks amazing. Also the rules for the other two 2000ad games have had favourable reviews and Andy Chambers and Gav Thorp were both involved.

I’m probably also going to give in and get this. I can even use the miniatures in other games ?

Some appropriate music

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer yeah, it is a comic from the same publisher as 2000AD.

I do think I’ve seen it once in shops and Google shows that there have been Dutch translations for the series.
    Given how rare translations tend to be it must have been a big series.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)