Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Dipping in and out again

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Dipping in and out again

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 44 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I opened the mixer tap like a heavy handed clutz and it just came off in my hand!

IMG_20230206_111719

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

oO But… how?! XD

Anyhow, it’s the day after (uHH) and I am so tired. Funnily not because of uHH because we kept it short and I was in bed early but for some other reason… almost sleeping sitting in the office.

Maybe it’s because the last 3 days temperatures have dropped below 0°C again and my body just wants to go into hibernation. Who knows. Will be painting some more Bot War tonight. maybe even get at 3rd colour on the bots *g*

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I have no idea how the tap broke – but you can see from the staining under the head it’s obviously been leaking for a while so maybe something weakened and failed? Or maybe I’m just a clumsy oaf. I’m currently browsing the site as a company-wide video call is going on in the background – and I just got asked about something something that someone has been droning on about and all I could think was “those tiny little Transformers @sundancer has been painting look cool”.

But after crawling around under the sink for a few hours, we now have a comedy-oversized kitchen tap.

IMG_20230206_212025

In other news, I painted some minis this week. It’s a bit dark in the workshop atm, but I’ll get some photos and post some pics in the coming days. And, of course, just as I’ve got a skirmish-sized warband of cyberforge minis painted up to try out the new Unit9 rules, I’ve decided I’m not interested in cyberpunk any more and quite fancy making/playing a zombie survival game. Now…. which hard drive did I save my VaultZ minis onto…?

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

(I just noticed how stained my grout looks in the photo! It’s honestly not nearly as bad in real life! I’m blaming the white balance on my camera settings for making it look so filthy. But I guess I’d better get some grout cleaner the next time I’m near a hardware store).

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice looking tap. And thanks for the nice words on my not-Transformers Star Scream and friends

danlee
    22389xp
    Cult of Games Member

@blinky465 nice tap.

Another Thursday evening Aeon Trespass Odyssey session played – and I had to fight the end boss again (this time I was supposed to). https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1796204/

thumbnail_IMG_9029

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

In a desperate attempt to keep the forum format alive (at least, maybe, this little corner of the unofficial weekender) I thought I’d post my progress on @brennon ‘s 7-minis-in-seven-days “challenge”.

I’ve got a few minis primed on my painting table – some have been like that for literally years. So I thought I’d just pick them up in the order they’re lined up on my desk and have a go at painting one a day. It’ll be an eclectic mix, with no common theme running through any of them. I probably won’t be able to use the minis for anything in particular. But I guess it’s always nice to see progress. So here goes.

Day one: a wizard

IMG_20230213_235208

(the highlights look quite harsh under camera, and although I’ve not spent any effort blending, in real-life the effect on the robes is a little more convincing! Still, it’s one off the “to do” pile and one more to go on my display shelf!)

I’m still spending far too long on silly edge highlighting. But a mini’s just not “done” to me without it!

brennon
    Keymaster
    30339xp

Looking very nice indeed!

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Oh man, I totally forgot about this thread… and I can’t tell you why. Maybe going monthly wasn’t a good idea or it was just terrible timing.

I had thought about Bens approach too but I must say: it’s not my cup of tea. Not even coffee. Simply because if and when I get myself motivated I want to get as much done as possible in one continuous piece of time. And that is usually 8pm to 10pm. And having to restrict myself to only one mini would me I wouldn’t get anything done in a timely fashion and then frustration sets in again.

The wizard looks very lovely @blinky465 The contrast from blue hat to white clothes and the extra vibrant highlights on the white are really kicking it. I might have brightened up the inside of the hand though. It looks a bit like he dug through coal XD

danlee
    22389xp
    Cult of Games Member

I got the models for cycle 1 painted up. https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1796204/

thumbnail_IMG_9058thumbnail_IMG_9060thumbnail_IMG_9059

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

These sculpts hurt my brain. I love them XD

It’s Wednesday. The day after (uHH) and as always I’m somewhat tired. Tonight I’m (probably) going to be painting again. These bots don’t paint themselves for some reason 🙂

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

Ok, strictly speaking it’s day three but I’ve only got a second mini painted – but that’s because I didn’t get to do any painting at all yesterday. So I’m still two minis from two days painting (even if it’s three days in total).

I’m not even sure that @brennon explained the rules all that clearly 😉

Do I need to paint two minis tomorrow to get back on track, or can I still play the seven-minis-in-seven-days-of-painting-even-if-spread-over-ten-days-in-total game?

IMG_20230216_005538

I’m not thrilled with this guy, and some of the edge highlights are bit scruffy and I could probably spend another three or so hours tidying him up. But the plan was to get the minis painted, not keep fannying about with them, so I’m calling this guy done. He’ll be on a (plain black) base in the morning.

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Simple answer: it’s your hobby. You do you mate. Also Ben has never clearly stated any rules AFAIK.

Nice looking model I find. The armour is an interesting take on Spaz Marneers. Looks a bit like low budget SciFi flicks from the 80s

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

It’s Sunday.

Just finished watching the XLBS and I am looking forward to upcoming BatReps/Let’s plays.

My brain is in that weird state I tend to have on Sundays. Not really awake but not sleeping and also almost incapable to get any coherent thought put together. Hope you lot had a nice weekend so far and for my part it has 12 more hours of it… if I don’t fall asleep.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

We all know for drybrushing, you put a lighter colour over a darker one – and for washes, it’s darker than the base colour, right? Erm, no. It turns out that’s not how you do it at all.

Not if you want awesome looking plasma coils at least.
    You’re welcome.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  blinky465.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)