Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] dread! late again!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] dread! late again!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

I managed to finish the Berserkers. Just waiting on the baseing to be finished then I’ll do a final project post.

20200803_163756

@crazyredcoat Once you get dry you’ll never want that much humidity again. You’ll also be more conscientious of water in general for what you use and what is available. I’ll say it is great for the drying process of all paint but a pain because you want to be careful for any wet-on-wet blending you might do. As far as your own shiny figs you’ll sort out that with ease in future if it comes up again. If anything maybe the application of Army Painter matte paint (given time to sit and do its thing) or order up a can of Testor’s Dullcote. The Testor’s spray is their lacquer that has a small amount of talc added to gain a small amount of cloudiness when applied. I forget what video I watched that a guy let his glass bottle of Dullcote, for airbrushes, sit and allowed the talc to settle to modify the amount for either a satin or super matte finish. Just something to think about. Outside of that sweet looking unit you got there.

A sadly inactive channel but worth watching for great info

Might be of use when going through the info on rattlecans

@danlee I’m still stuck on the pinups. Its all fun but the waiting gets REAL OLD for the KS fulfillment. I realize that the world has been screwed over by The ‘Rona and the owner is having to deal with Chinese issues of manufacturing (not to mention the associated IP piracy) but the years.. yes years, of wait time is harsh for completion.

@sundancer My beloved Deep Drek Chukkas get an overhaul to their look already?! Damn, I dropped enough on custom nameplates from Versatile Terrain for a whole team box. Well, no need to drop into more funding as I’ll keep the ones I have now and standfast for my next set of names to put on my humans from the box set.

I think that GW might be starting off with no new preview of orks until their ready for the 40k release so they don’t screw up the info on the sculpts. I’m not a fan of the new box art; the third set looked great as it was and the orks there were a good resculpt from previous editions.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

That’s weird that people are disliking the new box art. I think it’s rather decent. The last edition was a bit too grim dark for my taste but in the end it’s the inside (aka the minis) that count.

@horati0nosebl0wer I think you’re right in regards that GW doesn’t want to spoil the “new ork design” what ever that may be… I’m a bit scared.

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

@horati0nosebl0wer I backed the second kickstarter. At one point I was all-in, but before the end sanity set in and I dropped to just backing the version 1.5 of the core game. So my stuff arrived relatively quickly. Since then I bought a couple of expansions from their shop. The pinups never really grabbed my attention. I can see how they’re part of the game world, but at the same time they’re not needed for the game. It was the game mechanics that really drew me to Kingdom Death.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m not a fan of the new Bloodbowl boxart.
    It’s too serious for a cartoon style, but too light for a ‘realistic’ style.

scribbs
    14505xp
    Cult of Games Member

Black Watch finally finished. Not sure what I’ll paint next.

20200805_083715

@sundancer I quite like the new Blood Bowl as a piece of art in itself, but not so certain about it as box art. It is very out of line with GW’s approach for all their other ranges (which is probably the point!), so it jars more.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

@scribbs paint next: Miniatures! Or terrain… or organize your hobby space 😉

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

Didn’t manage to be active for hobby at all last weekend but wanted to jump into the thread to say how great those Black Watch are looking @scribbs

I quite like the new art direction for Blood Bowl and the new cover design for 40k. They seem to be lightening up a little, something they’ve been sorely in need of as a company for a long time.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

So with the berserkers finally finished I can move on to a new project. Nothing too far from the last few things, but the ‘research post’ should be up on the project log soon and work an begin. First plan, though, is to work out why certain keys on my keyboard are not functioning properly…

scribbs
    14505xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks @ninjilly.

Very sage advice @sundancer 😉 In the end I grabbed the first primed miniatures that came to hand, which was a pair of Black Seas brigs. I’m not bothering to research correct colours, so the end result is probably going to be horrendous.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

@scribbs The good news is that the colours applied to Royal Navy ships of the Age of Sail was at the discretion of the Captain, with certain exceptions such as Nelson’s ships at Trafalgar.

scribbs
    14505xp
    Cult of Games Member

That’s a grand assumption that I’m intending them to be Royal Navy, but since that gives me an excuse to be more freeform in colour choice, I believe that shall now be the case 🙂

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

I was using them as an example, but I suspect most Navies did a similar thing based upon what pigments were available. 😛

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)