Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Friday. I've got the day off! Huzza!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Friday. I've got the day off! Huzza!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy & paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

Read all of this before you start as it will save any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy & paste ###

Questions:

• Is your lawn in good condition?
    • What year is this?
    • Would you like some biscuits?

Discuss!

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

I also had the day off yesterday! Huzza me!

Answers:

• Yes… in a “children like to play on it” way.
    • Yes please.

Have some music:

panzerkaput
    33931xp
    Cult of Games Member

Is your lawn in good condition?

Yes if the blooming squirrels keep away from the bird feeders and stop digging holes

What year is this?

Do years have numbers? Its Covid Year 2 I think?

Would you like some biscuits?

Oh yes I would love some biscuits

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

I too have the day off, in fact I have every Friday off.

For my pledge I’m not too sure how much I’ll get done as I’ve just had my first vaccination today. I feel normal now but I may be unwell tomorrow, who knows. I’ll try to get the two remaining members of my Rangers of Shadow Deep warband painted, a knight and a wizard model, and get my first game played of Rangers.

I don’t have a lawn or much of a garden. I’m really not a gardener and I mostly leave my little strip of a garden to look after it’s self. Around once a year I take some cutters on prune everything back.

What year is this?

I’m pretty sure it’s the year 2PE (post event, stay indoors) but I’m not sure. Maybe records have been lost and we are actually 30PE.

The answer to this is always a firm YES. They go very well with tea.

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hmn!

Whats a lawn !

Year of Bob actually paints and Builds ACW armies, only wanted to do it since 1975!

On a diet so no thank you, though agree go well with Tea or should I say Tiffin!

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

No specific pledges this week. I have a few small projects to work on like re-colouring my Infantry Section for Bolt Action webbing and a possibility of trying out some new skin tones on a few minis. Don’t think I’ll get a full mini painted, but anything is possible.

My parent’s lawn is alright. Even when I get my own place I will never be able to afford somewhere with a lawn, so it’s not a worry for me.

What year is this?

Yes…but actually no.

I have actually just run out of snacks in the house…biscuits would be nice…

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

1) Is your lawn in good condition?
    it’s like a jungle down there … oh, not that kind of lawn.

2) What year is this?

3) Would you like some biscuits?
    Don’t ask … just gimme all

I got two kickstarters arrive on the same day.
    The big unmarked heavy box was Streetfighter. First impressions : the minis (or should I say maxis? ;)) are big and very pretty. I’m sure a pro painter could do better (more detailed shading, a bit of light weathering), but given that these are mass produced they are at a very high standard.

And the tiny one was the Stargrave Nickstarter.
    I guess these things are like buses … they either arrive at the same time or not at all.

I also got an update that the “Siege of the Citadel – Dark Legion” kickstarter is finally shipping.
    There’s missed deadlines and then there’s this game that slipped into another dimension or something.

Still into this rockabilly thing … I like the upbeat happyness, definitely need more of this

Back into war …

We got “De Oost” (The East) which is the first time ever we get to see the Dutch version of Vietnam aka the ‘Police actions’.

It takes a bit of liberty with the actual events … but then so do most of these ‘historic’ movies.
    The story line is one you may have seen before.
    It’s been filmed on location.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  limburger.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Dear god it’s already Sunday. Thankfully I didn’t pledge anything so I’m not more behind on things as I already am. But today will be made “some hobby” when the new episode of Imperial Interlude is being recorded.

Also I really want the weather to get a bit warmer and friendly so that I can finally turn on the Airbrush again!

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

The weather here is slowly warming up, but is also sort of all over the place. When the sun is out it’s warm enough…when it disappears behind the clouds it gets nice and chilly.

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well it took two weeks to get the model to print (I needed to print at 45 degrees instead of 30) and as soon as I got it to work my LCD screen broke (that’s what produced the large circular gaps in the base print).

I’ll fill the gaps with milliput and then this week’s pledge is to paint up this model.

thumbnail_IMG_5944

• Is your lawn in good condition? – Not bad. Could have done with a cut this weekend but it rained both days.
    • What year is this? – Year number is arbitrary anyway.
    • Would you like some biscuits? – Always.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

Well I got the webbing re-coloured on my Tommies. Too dark to get a good picture right now, but I MIGHT do a project post later on…though seeing as it is only the re-colour of one part that I’ve done and I’ve had these chaps painted for years that doesn’t quite feel right… 😛

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

@danlee just because I’m very curious: how much will the new LCD cost for your printer? And what % is that from the initial price you’ve paid for the printer itself? Aaaand (if you can answer that) how many successful prints did you have with that one LCD?

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer I use a fairly low end resin printer (Sparkmaker FHD) which cost £196 when I bought it from Kickstarter. Replacement LCD screens are £23. I expect LCD cost will go up significantly for printers with the bigger beds.

I’m not sure how long the LCDs last, but I have a feeling I seem to break them quickly. I think I installed a new screen just before I stopped using the printer for five months. I then spent the last week trying to print one or two runs a day before it broke, so it lasted perhaps 15 prints.

When I replaced the latest one I decided to start keeping a diary of prints and replaced parts so I will know exactly how long each part lasts. Before that I kept track of costs but not when I replaced stuff. So I can tell you it costs £0.24p per gram of resin printed (factoring in resin, consumables, printer, ultrasonic bath and replacement parts) – but I’m not sure how long parts last.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

I had seen one or two videos where they did mention “LCD screens are short lived” and that somewhat kills the excitement. Even at low cost, constant repair is a PITA. Though the newer printers don’t have “ordinary” smartphone displays but special build LCD with a longer live-span (potentially)

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer it only takes about twenty minutes to swap the LCD and higher end printers could have easier exchange mechanisms. As mine is cheap I have to undo nuts and bolts. Just removing a print, cleaning it and resetting the printer can take ten minutes if you want to filter the resin and inspect the tank (which I do every time to try and prolong the LCD life). Its one of those activities where it pays to spend a little extra time being thorough.

The FEP film is the real pain as it takes about forty minutes to swap – again lots of screws to undo and redo.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)