Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Hay.. hay.. hay…. HATSCHI Hayfever.

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Hay.. hay.. hay…. HATSCHI Hayfever.

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy & paste ###

Read all of this before you start as it will save any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

### End of shameless copy & paste ###

Questions of the week:

• Did you find all eggs?
    • Are you still holding up?
    • What are you wishes for @dignity as he just had his birthday?

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

So my pledge will be to continue on with my army painting project! Hopefully I won’t have anymore uploading woes… I’m on to the gun casings for my Dread which should be done quickly, though I do have a couple of exams next week, so we’ll see how it all goes. As for questions, I barely noticed it was Easter (I eat chocolate at any available point), I’m still upright, and I wish @dignity all the best for his Getting Older day! ONWARDS!

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

Here’s my final work from the last weekender; I finally got it to upload properly on my project log. 😛

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

From the previous thread @woldenspoons

Hey man,

I saw you tag me with this:

Bit more work done on the Repulsor. I stopped at the part where I have to make weapon choices.

Has anyone else built one? Are they easy to make interchangeable or are we talking magnets?

@mage, @dawfydd thinking of you here.

I have to make myself and haven’t played in a while, but, I did see this and put in some research to not let you hanging. Its just I was super busy with my son for the last seven or so days.

The consensus on d4 chan, which is a copy and paste is:

Repulsor:

The Primaris flying landraider, trading a little armour for absurd more firepower. Holds 10 Primaris Marines (models with Gravis armour count as 2) and carries a fair number of anti-tank or anti-horde weapons to protect its passengers. While it can be built to be a veritable battle tank in its own right, it is a heavy point sink and requires support to get the most out of its statline. As most of its anti-tank damage comes from having the potential to equip the equivalent of four lascannons, it might be best to aim for a mixed build to capitalize on its potential to melt hordes and severely damage vehicles. However, its costs can rack up quickly, so unless you plan to field a lot of Primaris Marines you’re probably better off taking a Land Raider variant. It also has the FLY keyword with all of it’s dis-/advantages. Take it with a squad of 8 Reivers, a Primaris Chaplain, and Apothecary for a rather mean, if expensive assault/harassing Unit. Just hope it survives the onslaught of AT weapons long enough to get them in position.If you’re just looking for lots of lascannons or horde-clearing weaponry, there are probably cheaper – if somewhat slower – means of getting them on the table, like a Devastator Squad or Redemptor Dreadnought. Anti-armour setups, in particular, have the issue that the las-talon has only half the range of the twin lascannons, which means it’ll only be able to unleash half its anti-armour firepower at its farthest range. At that matter, most of its other weapons struggle with an equally short range compared to most vehicle-mounted weapons, so it will likely need support when dealing with long-ranged attackers.

Defensively, it’s nearly identical to a Land Raider; although its armour is only a 3+, it has the same number of wounds as a LR and does a good job at discouraging charges with its Repulsor Field rule (-2 from any charge rolls). The optional Auto Launchers supplement this with an extra -1 to hit on opponent shooting rolls if the Repulsor doesn’t shoot.

Three Aggressors with Auto-Boltstorm Gauntlets, a Captain in Gravis armour, and a Primaris Lieutenant and Apothecary all fit snugly in this beast, hit like a brick, can heal models around it, and protect otherwise slower models. Outfit the Repulsor with Heavy/Onslaught Gatling Cannons and say goodbye to any infantry in 18″. If you take a regular Primaris Captain instead of one in Gravis armour, you can also toss a primaris ancient into the floating death-bawks so that the aggressors have a chance to fire when they die as well.

When kitting the Repulsor out, decide if you want it fighting tanks or hordes. In terms of pure output, for anti-tank take the Las-talon and Twin Lascannon, for anti-horde take the Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon and Twin Heavy Bolter and for balanced take the Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon and Twin Lascannon. Do note that in terms of points effectiveness the Twin Heavy Bolter is better than the Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, though.

Also, I asked on facebook in a Primaris group for you. The following are rephrased summaries from three different users:

(1) they always have OGC 2 storm bolters, icarus roclet pod, fragstorm, krakstorm, lascannons and swap the main gun depending on what they need. The las talons limited range hurts a bit. He builds or would build in future full dakka versions as the Executioner tank is way better as an anti tank unit.

(2) Also says full dakka keeping it fairly cheap and giving it a good damage output against light stuff.

(3) Dakka and more dakka

dawfydd
    11888xp
    Cult of Games Member

Ah 1d4chan, so snarky yet surprisingly informative for tactical tips.

Speaking personally @woldenspoons my 6th Repulsor from Conquest has now arrived and I’m debating builds myself. As it stands my Crimson Fists and Raptors are going to get 2 each, but then I’m torn – give both to the Wolves, or they get just one whilst the 6th either goes to the small honour guard of Ultramrines I’m building to accompany Bobby-G, or (OR) possibly for a small force of Silver Templars (I kinda dig the fluff that’s been written for  them). In terms of loadouts it’s tempting to go full leaf blower on all 6, but might go half & half instead…

Anyhow, I’m now off for the next week (had some leave booked for Salute and wasn’t allowed to cancel it), so I’m thinking I’ll make a push to clear space to my painting area, maybe try to make a start on my Sisters of Battle. I’ve been building Sisters pretty steadily since the main kits started getting released, and somewhat impressively the Zephyrim pictured below were built from leftovers in the Seraphim kit and some spare bodies I ordered from a reseller. The only slight annoyance is you don;t get enough of the plates that fill out the bottom of the jump packs, but I might just go for some greenstuffing instead.

2020-04-11 11.38.032020-04-11 11.37.542020-04-12 14.00.402020-04-12 14.01.292020-04-18 10.45.25

danlee
    22390xp
    Cult of Games Member

This weeks goal is to play another chapter of Tainted Grail, and perhaps even finish it. I also want to paint a model for my local club’s painting competition.

I just finished some K47 models. Full project entry here: https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1467945/#snav

IMG_1133

1. Did you find all eggs? We only had two this year, so we kept hiding them over and over again for a couple of hours to keep the kids entertained.
    2. Are you still holding up? Had last week off (we had supposed to be going abroad for a family holiday). So last week was easy but not looking forward to resuming working from home again next week.
    3. What are you wishes for @dignity as he just had his birthday? Hope he had a good day. Not a great time to celebrate a birthday when you can’t meet up with people.

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

I forgot me answers….

• Yes, both still in place where they belong
    • I’m fiiiine…. fiiiine….
    • All  the best to Justin… hope he stays sane 😉

And welcome back @dawfydd  and @mage 😉

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

I built my Repulsor as dedicated AT, but it IS heavy on the points. She’s fun, and I honestly don’t find the range on the Lastalons an issue as most games will have it in range on turn one. That being said, I used it against my brother’s Genestealer Cults and it got massacred. I knew it would, but I wanted to prove to my brother that it suffers severely in smaller games (he thought it would annihilate him). I don’t think of it as an APC, though, and more of a gunship. At the time, the Executioner was not an option. 😛

danlee
    22390xp
    Cult of Games Member

I played through the penultimate chapter of Tainted Grail last night. Full write up here: https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1467741/#snav

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

It’s Sunday…. lets watch the XLBS 8)

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

I finished my Redeptor, and updated the project log with a few extra entries. Here’s the final product!

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

@crazyredcoat  aren’t those called redemptor? or is leaving the m away some inside joke I don’t get?

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

@sundancer At this point, mate, the joke is me. 😛 A Uni student SHOULD know how to type, but I am in science…so maybe I can get away with it.

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Academic titles and professions don’t protect from being fallible XD So no worries *g*

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

Did you find all eggs?

Kind of. My wife tried a local fruit and veg supplier who started delivering in our area. They previously supplied local restaurants. At the time she commented that the eggs were quite pricey, but guessed they were local, organic, farm eggs. She insists the pictures on the website showed a regular sized tin of beans and a single egg – the assumption being she was buying half a dozen….

beans

Are you still holding up?

As well as can be expected. Having some hobby focus has really helped. Now I’m getting anxiety about restrictions being lifted and having to go back to work without getting as many minis painted as I’d hoped! I’m more determined than ever to get back to working from home (and part time) once this is over – more than happy to take a cut in income for more hobby time!

What are you wishes for @dignity as he just had his birthday?

I hope he finds solace in his solitude. I know, I don’t know what it means either.

As for pledges – well, I gave @sundancer a heads-up late last week; I’ve a motorised gunner that needs painting up before the weekend (ok, *needs* is pushing it a bit, but I’d like to see him finished off properly).

gun

and maybe make him compatible with my app-controlled terrain (like the diorama a few weeks back).

I can’t believe it’s Monday already – lockdown is starting to feel like the school holidays; at the start it feels like it’ll last forever, but the weeks are passing by so quickly now, I feel like I’ll need to start putting in 3am/4am late ones soon to get all my homework done in time for going back!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)