Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] It's Friday CoGs!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] It's Friday CoGs!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 61 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

New project is up with the first entry(ies)! Turns out there some sort of limit on the number of items you can add to an entry, or maybe it was just glitching a bit. It’s in two parts, sadly, but it’s up!

Crazyredcoat’s Crazy Compendium of Collected Creativity

Lol… I was bored and playing around with Hero Forge getting in on the special they just ended for .stl sales last month. I started tooling around today to just design without buying and came up with something we all might be able to get behind. I give you the new and improved @avernos in all his mini glory.

Squirrelmaster

Squirrelmaster 2

Lets try this again for the rest of the crew on film

Alphastrike

Alphastrike2

Lloyd Shot

and the Anti-Lloyd shot

AntiLloyd Shot

Lamenting the end of the furry minis but still writing

Gentle Ben

Gentle Ben2

Wrapping it all up in the end

Girth1

Girth2

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Oh they are lovely… especially the @brennon one I like very much

brennon
    Keymaster
    30339xp

Excellent stuff haha

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

I’d pretend to buy the set!

Wait, no Justin?

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Justin is Mr. Alphastrike 😉

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

@horati0nosebl0wer – those are brilliant. You’d have to print SquirrelMaster at about 140% though!

Lol… Thanks all. Its been busy with work so hobby has taken a backseat. As usual I’ll pop in from time to time.

@woldenspoons I’ll gladly take that complement as the first ‘reserve’ customer of these “limited edition and absolutely unreproduceable models I totally have complete intellectual property rights over with no influence other than my imagination in  the creation of”. I’d say this was on par with Steamforged and ‘The Mighty Nein’ set they put out.

@blinky465 No need to print him that big. There’s a feature in Hero Forge to actually size the minis with a relative scale manager. If I remember right he’d end up being near to 33mm tall where the rest might be about 28mm from playing around in it.

After all that I thought about the basing and the addition that Hero Forge did for putting on slotta options. I spent some time changing quite a few because I really don’t like the problem of being stuck with a certain angle unpainted. You can zenithal prime and then work glazes over quit a bit but there will always be that one spot you miss and know can never be touched because the base is in the way. I guess I’m weird like that as I build so much in general I’ll normally cut off the tab and pin the feet.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

@horati0nosebl0wer Those look so good! Who knew 3D printing could bring such majesty!

I finished another colour experiment on the webbing on my British Tommies and I’m rather chuffed with it. Came out quite nicely and should make my upcoming Rupert a little closer to reality.

Quick edit; that Rupert is going to end up as a Tommy Sergeant…I found another model I want as my Rupert.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

@horati0nosebl0wer – I too have been working on some OTT minis – but very much with a cyberpunk theme in mind.

minis

They’re not quite finished yet; I just need to find the right colour red for the t-shirt for the guy in the middle. But with all the internet downtime I’ve had lately, I have managed to get quite a bit of painting in!

(L-to-R) @tgu3 , @warzan, @dignity, @johnlyons, @lloyd, @ludicryan, @brennon, @avernos

Cyberpunk dudes and netrunners(?) have cool pseudonyms don’t they? I might just stick with those….(I did have to print my pre-beard-trim Gerry character at about 130% to get the scale right!)

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Cyberpunk dudes and netrunners

@blinky465 you’ve missed the chance to call them “cyberdudes and nuderunners” XD (Skyclad chummers)  *g*

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)