Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Last Friday of February…

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Last Friday of February…

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 34 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

onlyonepinman
    18053xp
    Cult of Games Member

Some amazing pictures coming in from Perseverence on Mars.

152072872_3769592066491938_4299779163609939498_n

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Where is the Nestle water dispenser? 😉

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I think it’s fair to say – especially after tuning in to a few of @warzan ‘s radio programmes – that there are quite a few community members who like their “classic rock” music. I can’t quite bring myself to label us/them metalheads (hey, we’re not living in a Wayne’s World movie are we?)

And there are also a few community members who, like myself, are of a “certain vintage” who appreciate (with a wry smile, if refusing to acknowledge we actually like) cheesy 80s pop.

So grab yourself a brew and a custard cream, turn the volume up and find three-and-a-half minutes to dedicate entirely to yourself, and listen to the best thing you’ve ever heard:

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

Though this might be a very close second:

ok, pedants, it’s 90s pop, but you get the idea 😉

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I don’t think I can back out of this Youtube rabbit hole I’ve fallen down.

And, to be honest, I don’t think I want to. Here’s The Ace of Shout

Aerosmith and the Temptations

@warzan – I tuned in to your radio show last Wednesday, only to find it wasn’t on! But if some of these don’t make it onto your hit parade next week, something is very, very wrong 😉

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

The best guitar solo battle I’ve ever heard:

Just as my elder sister was an Everton fan, so Liverpool became my time (hey, it was the early 80s) she liked Motley Crue, so I preferred Poison. This Crue/James Brown mashup  sounds better than it should. One for all you “hair metal” fans:

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

That really is a rabbit hole XD HELP! (or send coffee)

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

Youtube rabbit roles are particularly dangerous…I’ve lost days falling down those things…

In other news, I managed to get some paint on my medic. He’s far from done and it’s mainly basecoats and shades right now (the webbing won’t end up being QUITE that green by the end) but progress is progress. Might not get much chance to finish him up by the end of the week with a Geophys midterm taking up some time in the next few days, but he’s coming along. I’m a little iffy about the helmet, or more importantly the red cross on it…

20210228_142224

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

Damn double posts…

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

The bangles?  I think everyone had a crush on Susanna Hoffs

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

yeah .. what a rabbit hole 😀

1) Did you noticed 2021 has only 10 months left?
    Not really noticing what day of the month it is unless it is friday … so no

2) If you could have your favourite sculptor do a one off mini for you free of charge: what would it be and what scale?

I mean … why make him do only one ? That would make the rest of the army look like crap.

Whoever does them Orks at Artel-w (sp?)  and make him re-visit the entire GW 40k Ork range.
    Specifically Blood Axes and other clans/ork kulturs so you could a bit more variety and personality in that range.

Eldar would be next …  and then every other faction because GW suck at making cool minis that aren’t covered in crap.

If only 1 then I’d want a proper 1:10 scale Harlequin.

3) Would you then paint said mini yourself or would you be willing to pay a high level pro to do it for you?

Orks need to look messy and such … so of course I’d do them myself 😀

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

you lot are nightmare fuel with that kind of music XD

onlyonepinman
    18053xp
    Cult of Games Member

If we are posting weird videos…

Well, I got quite a lot done this weekend.

3.10 – Ota Sora

3.9 – The Goliath

3.8 – Assassins

Not too bad considering I was looking after my daughter for most of the weekend.

danlee
    22390xp
    Cult of Games Member

Finished another unit of Dweghom, rounding of milestone five. Just a single character mini to go for milestone six and my army will be completed. https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1567993/

Next on the painting table is more terrain crate scatter terrain. Le’s see if I can finish that before milestone six starts.

thumbnail_IMG_5027

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

@danlee – wow, you’re really powering through your painting pile these last few weeks!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)