Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Last one for 2022!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Last one for 2022!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 65 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Interesting bit. But I don’t think any of those are CoGs?

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Monday morning. 3°C outside and freezing rain. Coffee is getting cold fast (because heating in this building is crap) and my hobby motivation needs a kick.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

It sounds like someone needs less of a kick and more of an arm around the shoulder and knuckle-rub on the head. It’s ok. It’s nearly Xmas. There’s no shame in getting to the end of this year and not really doing much more hobby. Treat yourself to a break if you like!

Or, wait and see what Santa brings – if you’re on the nice list, you might get some swanky new brushes or something, that makes painting an absolute pleasure (instead of a tedious grind) and you find your hobby mojo comes flooding back!

I’m away visiting family now ’til after Xmas – it’s highly unlikely by BB elves (and humans and skaven) will be finished before New Year. But that’s ok. Sort your heating out (or get a blanket). Stay warm and cosy. Worry about “doing hobby” until you’re comfortable – don’t feel obliged to get anything done (we won’t judge you)!

Then again, if you really do want some motivation – how about we all have a go at something a bit different for New Year? Like a diorama or something? So we get to make cool stuff like terrain, but not so much that it becomes a chore. There you go….. your “homework” for the rest of this year – plan a nice little diorama for a January “challenge”. Anyone else interested?

Homework? Sounds like something that I finished just lastnight. I played my first game of SAGA, with many errors to be worked over later, and can say there will be a need for terrain in the future. Batrep once I get the editing sorted

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

if you’re on the nice list

If I made that list Santa really needs to readjust his parameters for that list! XD  @blinky465

A challenge… I’m bad at those. Mainly because I never start properly

Batrep once I get the editing sorted

Batrep! SAGA! @avernos are you hearing this? @horati0nosebl0wer is gifting even more! 🙂

Also it’s Tuesday morning. Need to prep some things for tonight!

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Merry Christmas or what ever…

Hope you all have your presents at the ready!

IMG_20210209_164709392

Here’s a picture from last year… things didn’t change much!

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Merry Christmas all. I hope you all eat plenty and have a jolly day tomorrow.

You look all happy and excited in that photo @sundancer.

I found time this afternoon to get a quick wargame in, more Five Leagues From the Borderlands – https://www.beastsofwar.com/project-entry/1794030/

2DC8D1DB-7563-437D-B0FA-F8B336B46D4A

templar007
    52356xp
    Cult of Games Member

Templar007-2022-Christmas

Templar007

Merry Christmas from Kansas

Hoping all CoGs and hobby friends have a fantastic holiday, lots of hobby time, and peace on earth.

(but no peace on your tabletop battlefields) 😉👍

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

Merry Xmas to all you COGs, OTTers and whatever else you might call yourselves! Hope Santa brings all you asked for and not too many of you end up on the naughty list.

May your hearts, bellies and brushes be full. Have a great day and see you all on the other side….

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Now begins, the weird time where it feels like half the people I know are away on holidays and the other half needs to go back to work until Silvester.

And it doesn’t get any less weird when I have the days off and my wife still needs to go to work.

Speaking of Silvester: any traditions you like to cling to?

For me its sitting at home with my little family, watching Dinner For One (yes, that is a thing), play some board game and then watch the fireworks at midnight. We have thinned it down for us to sparklers, “cracker peas” and indoor fireworks. Somewhere in between all that we sit and eat for one or two hours picking away at Raclette.

And then we get back to bed and hope that nobody burns down the houses 😉

templar007
    52356xp
    Cult of Games Member

There you go again teaching me something new!

I did not know that in Germany everyone referred to New years Eve as “Silvester”.

I had to look it up and thus learned some history this morning.  Well done Tim! 🤓👍

I shall use this new found superpower to empress one of my childhood friends, (who group in Kansas with me – but now lives in Germany after being deployed there for over 20 years in the USAF.  He met a lovely German girl, fell in love, and retired there.  Still lives there on a small farm, if I remember)

I myself am enjoying a Christmas to New Years Holiday.  It is weird to watch my wife get up first in the mornings and head to work instead of me heading out first.

I have not achieved must Hobby so far but am planning a big project and some small ones.

As to our New Years Celebration………..I will smoke some prime rib outdoors for our evening meal and then probably make some nachos deluxe with smoked peppers, caramelized onions, and toasted tomatoes, smothered in combo cheese that has a little Habanero cheese to pep it up!  (Flour chips homemade – if your wondering about what is the base)

We stopped going to New Years parties a while back.  I don’t drink at all and it really became me babysitting grown adults all night.

Someday maybe I’ll try organizing a Gaming hobby New Years Celebration Party!  (Ya know, that sounds really cool – maybe next year)

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

.I will smoke some prime rib outdoors for our evening meal and then probably make some nachos deluxe with smoked peppers, caramelized onions, and toasted tomatoes, smothered in combo cheese that has a little Habanero cheese to pep it up!

Oooooh. That really sounds mouth watering.

I shall use this new found superpower to empress one of my childhood friends, (who group in Kansas with me – but now lives in Germany after being deployed there for over 20 years in the USAF. He met a lovely German girl, fell in love, and retired there. Still lives there on a small farm, if I remember)

If he lives in Germany I’m pretty sure he’s aware of the fact that “New Years Eve” is Silvester 😉

templar007
    52356xp
    Cult of Games Member

If he lives in Germany I’m pretty sure he’s aware of the fact that “New Years Eve” is Silvester

I’m sure he does.  But he will be wowed by this Kansas boy who has never been out of the mainland USA knowing some German unique holiday lore.

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

In that case go the full mile and ask if they will do it as every year. “Same procedure as every year?” 😉

Well, it comes down to the wire as I bumble onto the thread for the last entries of the year.

@templar007 Damn! That’s some fine bearding and ‘stache mastery. I’m keeping this cabin for my face a bit closer to the jawline only because of work hazards with sparks and open flame. The mustache is safe behind a faceshield so it’s getting out that way. I recommend DeathGrip as a wax if you ever need to set that puppy in place.

And now… crazy music

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)