Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] man down…. call in reinforcements!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] man down…. call in reinforcements!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 64 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  coxjul 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

@blinky465 first five minutes in : ah they are aware we do have colours …

Got to appreciate the commitment that group has to their thing though.

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

@blinky465 well, Heilung is something you either like… or you don’t. 😉 I find it quite relaxing.

@warzan have you managed to not burn yourself on that roof? then I’d call it a win *g*

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

maybe I should stop looking at the OTT news …

New Spectre Operations Starter Set Now Available!

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

Looking at any mini news is dangerous, my friend. 😛 The only thing stopping me getting into Legion right now is low funds… 😛

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

@crazyredcoat Legion isn’t dangerous … even if you get your funding sorted then chances are good the things you want aren’t available 😉

Spectre has kind of been on my wishlist since I heard about version 2.
    I think I now have a wargame for (almost) every period in history and a few fictional ones as well.

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

More music is needed. INFUSE!

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Needs another one:

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

Dancing with yourself @sundancer ?

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

All the idols!

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

@limburger – that castle fest reminded me of a Bon Jovi tribute act that played in our local pub a few years ago; no, not the style of music, but because instead of a lead guitarist, they had a guy playing the bagpipes through a wah pedal. They were awesome!

I’m going to be offline for a couple of days – we’re driving up to sunny Stoke tomorrow to check out the narrowboat we signed up to. It’ll be our first time out “barging” for about ten years. Really looking forward to it! But the idea is to just chill out and take in nature and slow down to a crawl, not mess about on the internet and wander the avenues of “cyberspace” (it never really did turn out like the 90s said it would, did it?). Of course not. My first job will be to hook up an omni-directional 4G antenna and make sure we’re online! (there’s no phone signal inside the boat, since a 50ft metal box just acts like a massive Faraday cage).

See you when we’ve next got a signal…..

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

I got Vargo Hoat all finished up. I’ll get some good pics tomorrow and put them up on the project log. I might have worked out why my projects always take so long to load as well as they are usually on the larger side (with a zoom level that is just not needed) so I might try and modify some of them (where I still have the pictures saved on my phone…). Just cropping slightly tends to massively reduce the file size. Even messing with the brightness on the last set reduced it massively.

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

@blinky465 it’s always fun when ‘popular’ songs get played on alternate instruments …
    Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

And then you get the really weird stuff like :

Stairway to heaven with the lyrics of Gilligans’ Island.
    It shouldn’t work … but it does.

This one too :

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

We spent a whole afternoon at uni one day listening to the lyrics of one song to the tune of another. It’s amazing what works and what doesn’t.

As promised, here’s the finished Vargo Hoat. Working on getting the project post up in a bit. No immediate plans for a new project, but I might do something a little different that a bit closer to some of my other interests but I haven’t decided yet. We’ll see. Anyway, here’s Vargo;

20210609_135833

Pretty pleased with how he turned out.

*EDIT* Only now have I realised I missed the clasp at the end of the belt…I’ll finish that off later but for now I can’t be arsed to take more pictures…

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice work @crazyredcoat Hadn’t you mentioned the clasp I would have thought it was intentional silvery….

I just finished recording the first episode in my YouKraut series of interviews with German tabletop youtubers. I’d love to push it public right away but I think it’s a better way if I wait until I have to more in the can to make weekly releases 😉

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

I meant to have it gold for that extra flash of colour…I just forgot. 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)