Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Now what?

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Now what?

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy & paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

Introduce yourselves (New member thread)

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy & paste ###

Questions:

• Do you own a pet?
    • what kind of miniature do you like painting and/or assembling the most currently?
    • Do I snore when I am asleep but can’t hear it?

And now back to the show.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Answers:

• No but we had cats for the longest time. And when we finally (hopefully sooner than later) get our own house we will have cats again
    • I couldn’t tell… that’s why I’m asking others…
    • My wife says yes but I think she’s lying.. because I can hear her snore…

No music today as I am still asleep

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

The weeks are flying by.
    Pledge – Play a game or 2 of Rangers of Shadow Deep and write them up for my project.
    Clean up a few models and get them assembled, most are metal and some pinning will be required. Some of the models include wolves, ogres, ghouls, a plant monster and some triffids.

Do you own a pet?

No, never personally. I love animals but have no wish to take responsibility for any. When I was a child we did have a budgie and the odd hamster.

what kind of miniature do you like painting and/or assembling the most currently?

Mostly single piece metal models. I tend to be a little old school so shy away from over the top ultra dynamic poses, although that’s not a hard and fast rule. Depends on the miniature.

Do I snore when I am asleep but can’t hear it?

I don’t know, I’ve never spent the night with you @sundancer , or did I miss a special Twitch stream?
    I’ve been told that I snore and have caught myself sometimes just on the verge of falling asleep if I’m lying on my back.

I’ve just finished re-reading Mort so here’s something from an album I bought years ago

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

This week’s goal is to paint more Egyptian miniatures. It was so hot last week I had to give up trying to paint. It has now cooled that I should be able to resume this week.

1. Do you own a pet? – Fish in a pond (if that counts) and a cat.
    2. What kind of miniature do you like painting and/or assembling the most currently? – I never really enjoy assembly. Painting wise it was the 75mm one-offs I did recently.
    3. Do I snore when I am asleep but can’t hear it? – I think we all do. Some people just do it more regularly than others.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

Been a bit of a rough week for me, so I still haven’t started my Assault Intercessors…so I’ll make them my pledge…again. I promise I’ll finish them eventually…

Questions:

Do you own a pet?

Technically, no, but my parents have a cat and a dog and since I’ve lived at home with them until recently I count them as my pets still.

What kind of miniature do you like painting and/or assembling the most currently?

Haven’t really done much hobby of late…but I did enjoy painting my Stark Bannerman a month or so ago.

Do I snore when I am asleep but can’t hear it?

I don’t know if I snore at night, so there’s no hope of me knowing if you do or not. 😛

Pretty sure these will probably be region-locked, but here’s an attempt at music sharing:

I really liked Inside…what can I say? 😛

Also I found another one. More up beat.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  crazyredcoat.

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

No hobby pledge this week, had a 24 hour charity video game stream Sat-Sun and it’s too much to focus my eyes on something that small right now ?

Questions:

Do you own a pet? Yep, always have. Grew up with cats and dogs. Living alone I can’t really have a dog now but have two mental young cats who may in fact be part dog anyway. Not much of a people person, animals though I could happily have a herd’s worth.

what kind of miniature do you like painting and/or assembling the most currently? I like plastics for assembly but in terms of having had the most fun painting in the last month, last week’s metal outlaws were great to paint.

Do I snore when I am asleep but can’t hear it? If there’s no one around to hear it, do you snore? Sounds like your wife is the problem

No music today, after non-stop chatter on stream, an afternoon of peace and quiet in the sun is what I need. And to catch up with the projects system for this week

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

No hobby pledge this week, had a 24 hour charity video game stream Sat-Sun and it’s too much to focus my eyes on something that small right now ?

Why didn’t you tell us? We could have all been there! 😉

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

I had meant to after my painting and raffle project completed but I’ve had a mad week and then we spent most evenings preparing the server for the stream. We were building a monument in Minecraft to a friend’s partner who has terminal cancer and can’t game any more; managed to build most of her castle in the 24 hours. Managed to raise money for a charity that has been supporting them hugely through it all too. I love doing a 24 hours stream but my brain is mush most of the week before and after ?

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

I finally managed to start my Assault Intercessors…by which I mean I have a first layer of basecoat on the armour of three of them…not much, but it’s a start, right? I might get some more work done on them later today, but no promises. I must say I prefer being able to prime my Marines in blue and work from there. The dynamic pose of these chaps also makes reaching some areas of the mini a little tricky, but that’s always an issue with mono-pose minis, I suppose.

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

Got the smaller models painted up now that the weather has cooled. On to the larger models next. I’m going to apply the gold leaf to them all in one go once I’ve finished with the painting. https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1660768/

thumbnail_IMG_6238thumbnail_IMG_6237

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)