Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] relax and let it flow

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] relax and let it flow

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy and paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

Introduce yourselves (New member thread)

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save you any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy and paste ###

No questions this week, my brain is a mushy paste and I can’t think straight… entertain yourself. Share links and pictures. Keep sane.

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Happy Friday.

Pledge this week is to start on the two trolls I got from Artizan Design.

I planned on getting some tiny resin mushrooms by Green Stuff world for their bases but my local hobby shop was out, so I thought I’d try and make some myself from green stuff.

I also made a few rocks with left over green stuff.

2C5C0158-B2BC-4967-A5B3-A31D94328CE6

Tomorrow I’ll be playing some Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Just a one on one session as a sort of prequel warmup for next week’s four player game. I guess my GM wants to practice on me.

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

Not sure what to pledge this week. Currently too hot to paint or do much hobby.

@sundancer yes the beard printed a bit wrong. Its not as obvious on the model but the photo’s twice as big.

Another week and more hilarity as there has been a sighting of Justin  (@dignity) as a cleric from Reaper minis

Now there’s a few of Gerry (@avernos)as a sword wielding diaper daddy befitting a place in Gandhi II coming out of Indus Miniatures

I pledge that there will be more silliness to come.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

More sillyness is needed. This place has gotten way to serious

ced1106
    Participant
    6204xp

Just put the Game Tank “Farmer’s Dice Tower” together this morning. Dice tray is too small for more than 3d6, but bling is bling. Anyone know of a Lego dice tower site or instructions that only use a Lego set under $25 or $30?

Capture

Also, for the RPG’ers, ArtBreeder has portraits you can use for NPC’s. As a bonus, you can use the username creators as NPC names. I AM BROSIUS. 😛 I’m making some index card reference cards and character sheets for a solo campaign with the Lasting Tales miniature skirmish game. PDFs and spreadsheets to print out text and paste onto index cards!

https://www.artbreeder.com/beta/browse

character

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  ced1106.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Sadly I do not have a link to any LEGO dice towers but if anyone finds some I’d like to give it a go too!

Today I learned that Monday will be sort of Christmas like. My daughter will turn 11 and I have 3 parcels incoming (for me) from Kickstarter and my FnLGS (aka plastic crack dealer)

That’s going to be one monday *g*

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

It’s Monday.

In the office, catching up on the XLBS and waiting for DHL.

As it just came up on the XLBS: is there an easy way to see when one joined BoW/OTT? I can’t seem to find anything.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

What’s in the box ?

Do we get an unboxing live on UHH today ?

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well the box has been unboxed but we could take a peek at the content.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m guessing it’s Starwars related ’cause botwar always gets rejected and has to travel around the world at least once before it gets to your place 😉

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

I did a minor kitbash to fill another box of my hobby bingo. https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1706063/

thumbnail_IMG_7773

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice work. She somehow reminds me of Jamie Lee Curtis in “True Lies” XD

Man, I really should learn to go to bed after uploading the VoD from the uHH…. 5 hours of sleep are… not sufficient XD

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

hmm … day 2 of my 1:1 terrain experiment.
    So far I’ve managed to fill half of a 14 square meter storage unit with all my hobby gear.
    Another day of work tomorrow.

Only real problem is that one day I need to go to that storage and sort things out properly.
    At the moment I’m just separating scrap from useful bits. I’ve decided to keep my the Deadzone/Firefight bits at home. Everything else is headed for storage.

I hope that will also help clear my headspace and actually allow me to do hobby.

there’s only 1 downside : it’s not exactly cheap (a crew of 4 are helping).
    It could have been cheaper if I had a license to drive a van and knew enough people that could help.
    It wouldn’t have removed the cost of renting temporary storage. At least the first month is ‘free’ …

Doing all this while knowing that there’s still a few big kickstarters incoming later this year. I’m not saying that I won’t ever back another kickstarter, but I definitely have to do so for the time being.

Anyways … I do hope I can learn to focus on just one thing without things to tempt me into new games.

oh … I find the lack of music disturbing so I give this :

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Too many minis? 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)