Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] She's soooooo hot!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] She's soooooo hot!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 75 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author

kronosthetraveler
    Participant
    5967xp

@crazyredcoat Thankfully that is Fahrenheit! Though when I lived in Minnesota for a few years, that in Celsius wasn’t too far off from what we’d get in the summer…

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

In all fairness, I quite often work in Kelvin…so that always looks worse. 😛 The joys of being a science student where 203K is unbelievably cold! 😛

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

Whee … I *eh* think I will fail to do some actual hobby due to the hot weather.

1) What was the highest outdoor temperature in your neck of the woods the past week?
    I swear I saw 32 degrees celsius …

2) How did you feel?

Like melted cheese …  I wanted to crawl inside a freezer and stay there.

3) Chocolate, Vanilla, Rocky Road or something else. What is your favourite single flavour ice cream?

Chocolate, Lemon, although those pink magnums (raspberry ?) are nice too

I’ve got terrain crates incoming (got a tracking mail mentioning delivery on monday).
    And I’m going to pick up a package tomorrow if I can find the bloody location that was written on the note that said the delivery guy had missed me.
    Why they didn’t sent a digital notification when the system clearly allows for it I don’t know.
    I suspect they want to keep packages for themselves by claiming people didn’t pick them up …

I’ve been enjoying the Cyberpunk 2077 prologue story previews.
    The Braindance bit reminded me of a more extreme version of the ‘detective’ missions in Arham series.

Music :

Pledge this week is to finish my latest figure. I have really nice detail on it but I’m needing to get the eyes (maybe once more), fancy detailing of reflecting jewelry and a few touches of skintones here and there before sealing. Overall I’m surprised as hell as to how the piece has come out.

I’d say the highest temp in my area was around 95°F/35°C

I was definitely in my car and not pleased. I went about my business to get errands done and spend some time in the sun before melting.

A single favorite flavor of ice cream; just one to rule them all? Ugh… I think that I would fall back to chocolate with cherries in it.

@crazyredcoat More tartans? Yes, the thread has hit ludicruous speed and gone straight there. I might need to put some work into stripes or checkered patterns to break this up. Now on the thought of Kelvin… nuts to that noise.

@grabnutz All I can think of is the memory of being a child and hearing of just such flavors in ice cream from Oscar the Grouch.
    I will say that an experimental Inda pale ale from Stone Brewery I had once was green tea. It started off well enough as n IPA with a slight hint of the flavor but as it warmed to room temp the flavor blossomed and I forgot I was drinking beer. It makes me think back to banana bread beers and I think I might want to try them. Then again there is a brewery in my area that has recreated the flavor of hemp terpenes which could be interesting.

@m30m1x No poshness at all. Pistachio gelato is awesome as are hazelnut, lemon and (though normally not a fan of it in ice cream) strawberry. Tiramisu is best as a dessert but it comes in as a flavor as well that wasn’t half bad. The memories of when I was a kid in Italy just hit me hard.

@blinky465 If you aren’t working on something we worry here in the thread.

@robert Good job to blend in the bases. Those will definitely look great later.

@kronosthetraveler Throw on some pics or toss a link to a project so wee can follow. Now as far as temps and terrain, I’ve been out to MONDAK and there’s way too much in the way of grand expanses of the Great American Middle of Nowhere with humidity for me to stick around.

@danlee All I can think of is Star Wars Attack of the Clones. No lie.. all I see are those tanks

As for contribution of music I’ll ease in with something gentle because sometimes you need to do that.

And now for the aural assault

Anonymous
    0xp

Got these painted to the shield stage while watching the Weekender.  Hopefully get the shields painted tomorrow.

7266470B-4322-47D3-9553-BB4F9A07ED68

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

@horati0nosebl0wer Always more tartans! It’s like a plague, you know. 😛 Also I only really use Kelvin in school, but I do like it’s simplicity. If you want to know a temperature in Kelvin take the Celsius temperature and add 273.15 to it and you have Kelvin!

@robert Those celts appear to be wearing more clothing than normal, are you compensating for the massive full frontals of the past? They look excellent!

Talk about irony. I get done with some small details of the figure and I drop the damn thing right on the jewel I was just doing for the week pledge. I’ll put that down for a couple of days and cool down. Once I get tired of looking at the chipped paint I’ll start back on it. Thankfully this project system has kept me on my paint that I’ve used. Normally its grab and go.

Goosfraba…. goosfraba… goosfraba

I will overcome this!

m30wm1x
    2318xp
    Cult of Games Member

@robert It really is great to keep seeing you making progress on your historicals, sometimes watching other people keeping on with bigger projects really helps you keep going.

@danlee Nice looking mechs, would the name ‘Rimmy Tim’ mean anything to you?

@horati0nosebl0wer Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia. With food I always remember the simple sounding stuff if it’s done amazingly well.

Right lads (and lasses… lords, ladies and layabouts) I really liked the look of a flock in the bag but kinda hate it on the whole army. It was a summer flock and against german grey didn’t look anywhere near as good as the rough pasture does on my Brits so ideas, either:

1. Try and scrub it off, it’s sawdust not foam flock so should get most off.
    2. Try and cover it with the better colour flock.
    3. Bit of a scrub and a bit of a wash to de-saturate the colour, if that fails then reflock in the pasture.

IMG_20200627_004003

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

So not much work done today; forgot about a DnD session with some friends that took up a bit of time. I also caved and ordered the Song of Ice and Fire game…so that may be coming up in painting projects soon… It’ll be a nice change of pace from the historicals of late, though. Perhaps later this evening a basecoat might be added to the jacket, though.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

Jacket’s done! Project post for it is up.

20200627_011024

20200627_011039

Tartan next…

sundancer
    42594xp
    Cult of Games Member

It’s Saturday and somehow it feels like Sunday afternoon… Is anyone else on the fritz with what day it is recently? XD

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I know what you mean – we’ve been waiting for two days for thunderstorms that haven’t yet arrived. But the sky is quite grey and everywhere feels dark and cold now; proper Sunday evening weather.

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

damn weather … it’s too humid and hot to be fun

Got my Fiasco kickstarter pledge.
    The cards are a bit flimsy, so definitely need to sleeves to survive more than a single session.

The blank cards set has two decks of blank cards, which is cool for creating your own themed scenario decks.
    Every deck also has a few blank cards

Example location from the “News Channel 6” deck (8 scenario decks in total, sold in packs of 2)
    DSC_0005

The kickstarter essentially is a reprint of the original rules + new scenarios in card-format, which IMHO really suits the nature of the game.

If you like modern horror then this kickstarter might be interesting :
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/helmgast/kult-divinity-lost-horror-guide-and-scenario-collection

The art in the corebook that was done in their previous kickstarter is amazing.
    I’d say it is up there with ‘Conan: Adventures in an age undreamed of’, ‘Things from the Flood’ and ‘Tales from the Loop’ series. Really cool stuff.
    The only thing you won’t get is the version with the original cover art (because boobies are bad  mmkay and thus needed to be censored for a flockin’ on-line store that already hides this stuff behind an age-gate … ).
    That sort of thing always annoys me, because I dislike censorship in all of its forms.
    Us grown ups are smart enough to make our own decisions.

danlee
    22389xp
    Cult of Games Member

@horati0nosebl0wer I know what you mean. To be honest I think all walking tanks with 4 legs will end up looking more or less the same.

@m30wm1x “Rimmy Tim” means absolutely nothing to me. Care to elaborate, or don’t I want to know?

Anonymous
    0xp

Spent all afternoon trying to paint shields.

A7A123B3-F30D-4AAC-A0FA-58AEF2793AD5

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)