Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Stay hydrated

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Stay hydrated

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 70 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • Author

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

This weeks pledge is to continue the Kingdom Death survivors and/or Aeon Trespass Nymphs.

1. When doing hobby in the current heat wave (in the northern hemisphere) do you think of drinking enough? – I usually have a drink sat next to me regardless of the weather.
    2. What is you favourite drink to drink while doing hobby? Cordial. If its the end of the day and I want a treat maybe a can of fruit cider.
    3. Is your hobby room well ventilated, an oven or do you call some sort of air-conditioning your own? I have windows I can open, but in the evening the sun beams straight into my current hobby space so I have to shut the curtains or cook.

scribbs
    14505xp
    Cult of Games Member

Got my Black Seas brigs all rigged out.

Dipping a Toe into Black Seas

20200815_151529

The heat is not encouraging me to attempt any painting; hopefully it gets a bit cooler tonight.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

On a scale from 1 to 10 how much swearing was involved during rigging? 😉

scribbs
    14505xp
    Cult of Games Member

I was horrified – only once was I driven to curse in frustration! Thought I would have been turning the air blue from the get go.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

@scribbs – nice work, that background is really atmospheric!

scribbs
    14505xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks @blinky465. I borrowed a couple of my daughter’s books to a get a good storm horizon and a choppy sea foreground.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  scribbs. Reason: Grammar and sense

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I know how much @sundancer hates it when I post projects then don’t finish painting them. So I had a couple of hours to myself this afternoon and thought I’d slap some paint around.

Normally I spend hours, washing, re-painting base colours, edge highlighting etc. These, I just whacked on a drybrush and picked out a few details.

But I’m calling them done. Yes, I know the bases are plain, boring, black. @lloyd would go mad if he saw them. But as a proof-of-concept, let’s say “finished”. Ok? 😉

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

In hindsight, maybe I should have added a longer delay at the extreme ends of each “swoosh” animation. Ideally, I’d have liked to have 5 LEDs, but that’s a bit much for testing my patience! But as a “is this even possible?” type project, not too bad…

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

Just uploaded the last few posts for my project blog. It’s officially “completed”.

Animated Cylon with LEDs at 32mm

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

Impressive work @scribbs and @blinky465

Didn’t get any hobby done yesterday, it was too hot in the house so spent most of the day outside on a long woodland walk with a friend. Today I should get the road sections finished today though – I was a bit worried on Friday night about them warping but they seem fine now.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

How is everyone?

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

hot!

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

It’s cooled down quite a bit here – it’s at least bearable even though the overcast skies make me a little sad. I like it warm, not hot, but sunny too. I hope summer isn’t over for us already, but I’m glad of the break from the relentless heat!

Today will be all about coding. Got an app to upload for yet more play testing. It’s *almost* finished (adding NPCs was a much bigger task than I imagined when I started!). At least I won’t feel guilty for spending a day indoors now it’s grey and miserable outside!

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

Yeah it is a lot cooler here too. Bashed through drybrushing and flocking on the roads. Not amazing but for cardboard roads to get a table done quickly, I’m happy with them. Only a tiny bit of warping, used stuff I already had in the hobby cupboard and it done with just a few hours of work.

IMG_20200816_130914

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@mage welcome back 🙂
    it’s too bloody hot for hobby ’round these parts.

@blinky465 You had to go and make additoinal cylons with those lights too ?
    You sir are crazy. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)