Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] TGIF and Happy SysAdminDay

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] TGIF and Happy SysAdminDay

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy & paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

Introduce yourselves (New member thread)

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy & paste ###

Questions:

• Have you praised your SysAdmin yet?
    • Did you appreciate the poor souls that are keeping the fragile construct that is called “internet” running recently?
    • Have you read “Bastard Operator from Hell (BofH)”?

And now back to the show.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Answers:

• Yes
    • YES!
    • Goes without saying.

I demand sacrifices! Coffee and chocolate!

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

Jeez this week has felt long… and I have to work tomorrow ? pledge is to take a little time to just sit with a podcast on and paint something.

As my branch has been without internet since Wednesday night clearly we’ve angered the SysAdmin… I’m considering offering a sacrifice at this point. Hard to run a cloud based appointment system for track and trace when you’ve no bloody internet!

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yes, this has been a long week, only in that I’m looking forward to the next two weeks as I’m off work for those, so expect lots of rain and bad weather generally.

My pledge for this weekend is to finish getting  around 35 multipart metal models prepped and ready to paint. So far they are all assembled and based. Just some greenstuff work and some sand for the bases, then spray primer time. Ive been on them for over a week now and I’m ready to paint something.
    Also this afternoon I plan to play the final game in the current Rangers of Shadow Deep mission and then write it up. It will be the last Rangers game for a while until I paint all of the above miniatures.

Have you praised your SysAdmin yet?

I didn’t even know it was SysAdmin day.

Did you appreciate the poor souls that are keeping the fragile construct that is called “internet” running recently?

Never really give it much thought, but I’m certainly more aware of them when things go wrong.

Have you read “Bastard Operator from Hell (BofH)”?

Pretty sure I read that years ago when I got an early version of Debian Linux.

deamonwolf
    905xp
    Cult of Games Member

its been a long week with 3 games of current kill team and 1 game of 40k under my belt

this is the first time this year i have played a GW game and wow compaired to infinity N4 , Malifaux , Core Space or Legion

they are clunky rule sets and the official army app is aweful, ( love the unofficial kill team app its great glitches on ios but really good to use during the game)

as a long time GK player ( 1st ed space hulk Grey Knights 1990’s) im looking at the new box and going meh i will wait for the dex

i dont know why but im just not enthused about the new box, crow is cool i may ebay him,

my predictions for the new dex are

1 the new additional wounds

2 paladins will go to T5 instead of getting another wound

3 the chapter command will not flow into the dex from codex sm

4 the stratagems will be thinned out but a lot of the unused ones will still be in the dex

5 the libuarius powers will get a nerf nuke from ok and 2 epic to useless and not worth it

6 the tides system will change  which i think may be good

7 the doctrines from Codex SM will be introduced

8 nothing will be changed with the Nemesis Dread-knights ( which is a shame as the standard ones are not worth the points)

9Purifyers will get an extra attack and that their smite will change

10 relics will be thinned and toned down

what do you think?

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

1) Have you praised your SysAdmin yet?
    We don’t have a SysAdmin …

2) Did you appreciate the poor souls that are keeping the fragile construct that is called “internet” running recently?
    I thought the hamsters were doing the work … did we feed them enough ?

3) Have you read “Bastard Operator from Hell (BofH)”?
    Hell yeah. It’s friggin’ hilarious.
    It’s probably not as funny if you’re not a computer geek and some of the lingo is a bit dated … this is classic internet comedy.

http://bofh.bjash.com/

Plans ?
    I’ve noticed that I’ve started looking at new minis not in terms of what game they’re for, but how they’d fit in a crew for Stargrave …

I haven’t decided what to do with the enemies. I’m tempted to use either B1 droids or Orks.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Today I woke up to sudden urge of music. Enjoy:

And then I read news that Luke William Eddy (one of FFG/AMG lead Star Wars writers) is no longer with AMG…. “I have a bad feeling about this”

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

There wasn’t going to be a pledge this week. Family holiday = no hobby time. However it looks like I’ll have about 18 hours of OTT live streams to watch this weekend so perhaps I’ll be making more progress with my Egyptian project after all.

1. Have you praised your SysAdmin yet? – Nope.
    2. Did you appreciate the poor souls that are keeping the fragile construct that is called “internet” running recently? – It is surprising how fragile the system is. Only a few weeks ago the UK had a major internet outage because a customer entered the wrong information on a user input form. Wouldn’t like to have been the person who was supposed to have bug checked that form.
    3. Have you read “Bastard Operator from Hell (BofH)”? – Nope.

blinky465
    17023xp
    Cult of Games Member

Have you praised your SysAdmin yet? I’m sick to death of his half-arse approach to everything, his slack, lazy attitude in carrying out even routine maintenance, and his sheer incompetence in almost every slightly “technical” task I require of him. (yep, I’m my own sysadmin).

Did you appreciate the poor souls that are keeping the fragile construct that is called “internet” running recently? I’ve worked at a really low level with electronics and sometimes even machine code for integrating hardware across the ‘net. While my wife complains on the odd occasion that her wifi runs a little slowly, I’m constantly amazed that anything works at all!

Have you read “Bastard Operator from Hell (BofH)”? The what now? I’d never even heard of it. Even after a quick Google and reading the wiki pages, I’m not clearer as to what/who it is.

I’ve had a bit of a @sundancer moment in recent weeks, and not really painted anything for a while. That said, I *did* fire up my resin printer last night (just to keep it moving and stop it “seizing up” through lack of use I guess!) and left it running overnight; this morning I woke up to a Luke, slave Leia, 2 x Gammorean Guards, Bib Fortuna and, in honour of @warzan ‘s cosplay, some alien dude that looks a bit like his Po Clown (but isn’t Po Kloon). So I guess this week’s pledge should be to get them painted up, even if I don’t get the rest of Jabba’s Palace done (though I might just spend some time messing about with modelling foam and have a go at building a stone palace diorama….

Have we had this one yet?

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Have we had this one yet?

Nope we hadn’t.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer I’m surprised only one named person has been let go after the change in ownership for Legion … and the tweet by him indicated that it wasn’t entirely his own choice.

How important is a lead writer for a game when it isn’t their own IP to begin with ? (I’m assuming Disney is the one checking the writing anyway … )

blinky465
    17023xp
    Cult of Games Member

Printed, primed and “zenithed” (yep, that’s a verb).

jedi

That’s my painting schedule filled ’til next weekend at least!

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

@limburger well Alex Davy went to WizKids and it’s going to be interesting to see where Luke will go. And when (and if) AMG is going to make a statement or something…

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

I doubt AMG is going to make a statement, because they would have done so already.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pretty much so…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)