Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] The end is near! October almost done!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] The end is near! October almost done!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

zoidpinhead
    12476xp
    Cult of Games Member

At the end of Sunday I’ve done the green including highlights and put the first coat of Bonewhite on the shield symbols and Eowyn’s dress.  I’ve put waterslide transfers on the banner that didn’t have a sculpted symbol.  I’ve put sand on the bases and they can dry overnight.

20221023_223002925_iOS (2)

sundancer
    42558xp
    Cult of Games Member

They do come along nicely. Seeing someone else doing batch-painting makes me realise that batch-painting is much more relaxing to me as is a single model. But usually I’m much happier with the results of a single painted mini. Is that something you experience too @zoidpinhead or is it all the same for you?

zoidpinhead
    12476xp
    Cult of Games Member

This is the first really big batch I’ve painted in a long time.  Usually I stick to batches of 10-20 and usually have a few individuals alongside at the same time, rather like how I’m painting the Conan boardgame.  I do find it easier to get into a ‘flow state’ (what sports people call The Zone) when I’m repeating similar actions that require sufficient mental engagement.  I find experience of this state very relaxing, so I do enjoy that as flow states are easier to access for me in batch painting tasks.

I vary in my response to the finished article.  There are some single models that take ages and I’m just glad to finish and whole units that are simple, swift batch processes that I think look great.  I did change my attitude a few years ago when I started the big painting projects and decided that painted looked better than not.  I gave up on some of the self-critical thoughts in favour of appreciating getting things finished and how good whole armies or collections look when they are all painted.  That change of though process has really helped and I make good inroads into the Pile Of Potential every year as a result.

sundancer
    42558xp
    Cult of Games Member

I totally get the “flow state” thing. Sadly for me I can’t do much while painting in such a way. Watch a movie or TV show I’ve not seen before? Paint dries on the brush. Listening to an audiobook or podcast I haven’t heard before? Nothing will stick in my brain. Best action is to have something run like a TV show or movie I know my heart or just music. And just don’t get distracted by anything XD

It is Tuesday my friends. Outside is “cold-ish” and wet. October is almost done and so are my paintathon 2022 minis. “Just a bit more”.

sundancer
    42558xp
    Cult of Games Member

New thread!

Didn’t see that one coming did you?

[unofficial weekender] SKELLIBOBTIME!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)