Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Tiny *tiny* fighting men

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Tiny *tiny* fighting men

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

It’s Monday.

Personal painting progress since Friday: 0%

More coffee needed!

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

monday you say ? more like moanday 😉

personal painting progress since 1-1 : 0%

beat that :p

Somehow I just can’t find a moment to start hobbying. I could blame lack of time and such, but I’d like to think that things that inspire find a way to make time. Maybe I’m too easily distracted by new shiny things ?
    Not sure how to fix that or if that is something that needs fixing at all.

Probably have to find a way to deal with it somehow.

@crazyredcoat that’s as good a name as any 😀
    not sure I’d call them ‘girls’ though … which reminds me that I had a plan to build & paint them a while ago.
    One of the cults variants has this ‘sneaky snake’ theme to them (purple / bronze theme IIRC), which I liked the idea of.
    Tournament lists for these appear to rely on the altar, which kind of sucks as I don’t think it fits the idea behind that sort of thing.

And while the big dragon/snake variant does look tempting I feel it overpowers the rest of it in a way that it shifts the focus away from the normal units a bit too much.

GW is really bad at making rules and army lists that can be themed to match the lore. At least not without dragging a ton of special rules and exceptions into the game.  I think that’s why my idea stalled … which sucks.
    Maybe I do worry too much about stuff that shouldn’t be a factor while building & painting ?

danlee
    22389xp
    Cult of Games Member

More Celts finished. Nothing ground breaking. https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1490359/

thumbnail_IMG_6484

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

@limburger ‘Murder Ladies’ didn’t sound quite as catchy and ‘Murder Females’ sounded a bit formal. 😛 They are definitely an army that is designed to be built one way, but I never go with ‘what is best’ but with ‘what is fun’. My ‘army’ right now is the Shadespire team and 10 Witch Aelves, so it’s pretty small. My scheme is purples reds and golds and it works pretty well. There’s a few pictures of the rest of the team on one of my projects SOMEWHERE, but gods above know where… 😛

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Here’s my finished triffids along with a Darkroot for Rangers of Shadow Deep. I had a lot of fun painting these and now feel the urge to read or watch Day of the Triffids.

06287D5A-073C-4F1D-8748-1355F7A3F48037071409-884A-4057-AB96-5E53462EE8CB

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Feeeed me Seymour!

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

@crazyredcoat I was thinking the B-word 😉
    I think a lot of GW armies are designed to be built/most effective one way.
    Or at least if you look at tournament lists.

I need to do an inventory (got at least one unit of everything except the cavalry) and see if I can make sense of the army list in the codex. As per usual I got distracted by new shiny before I got started for real.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

I don’t think any of them are Barmaids, @limburger. 😛

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Wednesday. I’m not hungover but a bit tired. Firesitetalk was nice.

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

fireside talks need more fire though … 😀

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)