Skip to toolbar

[unofficiall weekender] It's friday y'all!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficiall weekender] It's friday y'all!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 41 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

@robert given that people are terrible ™ I’m not so sure …

//

The new Necromunda : Dark uprising set costs almost 200 Euro at my  favourite webshop *ouch*

Anonymous
    0xp

You are just playing with the wrong people.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

@robert there is a saying here. “Nobody does it better than yourself” 😉

This weeks pledge, to finish the Malifaux minis from last week and another batch on my hobby year pledge. I have found that one should seal work between layers of airbrushing in order to avoid stripping paint. I hit the edges of the minis with black, let it sit and then covered them with vinyl masking tape that molded around them to get better coverage. It seems that the pressure of the tape as it molded had enough force to pull up the paint as I removed it before sealing. Back to the edging/sealing.

20191109_140551

The second batch of Malifaux minis will be easy as well as I apply the concept I learned for drawing years ago in not getting caught up on the details at the beginning.

20191109_142357

1. My biggest hobby regret/disappointment regarding the hobby has been and still is seeing what I have sitting unpainted. In general I’m pretty happy with everything else. I have a KS of minis that has yet to be fulfilled but its but one of many I have had that is successful. To get all my resin/metal/plastic coated would be the best thing for me as it would mean I spent my money and it wasn’t wasted.
    2. I don’t have an absolute favorite board game. I have enjoyed many but none enough to say this or that must change about them. In tabletop gaming I quit active play from the time my favorite FLGS was shut down and I turned to focusing on hobbying. I’ve since moved around a bit but haven’t gone back to gaming.
    3. Giftmas presents are a go. The Giftmas gun is loaded and, using the advanced aiming technology ported from Orktober, they might go anywhere.

Bonus: My biggest wish for Christmas… to be able to spend it with somebody and have it feel like Christmas. The simple joy of opening gifts while enjoying a day of food and drink without a care in the world other than seeing smiles of gratitude. Yeah, its little victories like that which make this long war tolerable.

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m back and now my feet are killing me 😉
    I’ve already posted a few pictures on the discord channel.

The new Superhero skirmish game did have 2 tiny demo tables.
    The tables did look good. It didn’t helpt that like the Legion demo game a few years ago this was kind of hidden.
    OTOH … that demo game did have at least people playing despite that.
    It could be that I missed it, but I also had the impression that the guy doing the demo didn’t know the game at the level needed to run it with confidence.
    They also didn’t have the space to place the unit cards, which made it look like they were playing a card game … not exactly the ‘superhero skirmish’ vibe

I did not see any Star Wars legion stuff, but then that’s what I was expecting as it is a boardgame focused show.

They did have a Xwing tournament … except of the few traders at the show only one was selling v2 content.
    I spotted a trader dumping obsolete Xwing v1 ships and Star Wars Destiny sets (50 Euro for as many of either as you could fit in a small plastic bag).
    The conversion kits were not part of the deal. However despite that it could have been a great deal the ships they had were not exactly ones that I’d recognise from the movies.

I did see a few kickstarter-to-be games, but they didn’t look that interesting. One of them was a 4x kind of strategy game.

Another was “Multiverse war”
    https://www.facebook.com/TotalMultiverseWar/

http://www.3boardgames.com/multiverse/index.php

rayzryr
    Participant
    20833xp

Hello all,
    so to join in properly: answers to the questions.
    What was your biggest regret/disappointment regarding the hobby? A failed Kickstarter? A huge investment of time and/or money in a game that went belly up?
    I do have a failed kickstarter in my list that I put a bit more money into than I should’ve. It would have been some great minis and replacement for the original Warhammer Quest boards (which I loved). I’d already backed another kickstarter from the same company, it had partly delivered when they launched the next one. Now, we all know that that’s a red flag. But this was in the new days of kickstarter.
    They tried to do too much, and give away too many freebies. They were a new company that had big ideas and went chasing off after them. They got the funds to do it too, but they had too little experience. Then the international postage prices hiked up through the roof, again, this was back when most kickstarters included postage. It all just fell apart and many people lost many moneys.
    Every so often I go hunting to find any evidence of them, just to be sure they don’t “Phoenix” but the last update was july 2015 and since then nothing so, I don’t think thats going anywhere.
    In your favourite board game, is there anything you’d really like to change? A certain rule, scale of the minis, support by the company or just the price?
    Now I have to consider which is my favourite game? Kingdom Death? Nothing I’d really want to change there… other than make it cheaper? That’s not going to happen. 😀
    D&D? It’s probably the game I’m playing Most at the moment, and will be playing more often soon too. So that’s likely changing how I want it too 🙂
    As we are part way into November: do you have all Christmas presents for all your loved ones?
    ummmm isn’t what December is for?
    My bonus answer: to get my own place, even if it’s just a rental. It’s going to happen.

rayzryr
    Participant
    20833xp

@lordofuzkulak since it looks like no-one else said it: welcome! looks like you’re doing it right so far 😀
    Now we just need some pictures!
    @skiptotheend the crossroads idea is a good one. I’ve played Dead of Winter thruogh a couple of times (was a traitor one time too) but the crossroads idea they could definitely take further.
    Single player games… @sundancer and @robert both of you aren’t wrong, but I’ve played more Kingdom Death on my own than with others which has justified the price I paid for it 😉
    @horati0nosebl0wer yeah you can keep your mozzie’s… of all the insect kingdom they’re one of the few I kill out of prejudice. But probably because they love me. That being said, they are great minis, I’d love to drop them on the table during an RPG against players…

@limburger

574aa510639422f9e66a9832de8c6bfcad2b57a23afa95c8488baa81ee6ed301

@rayzryr Speaking of KD and your love of bugs, did you pick up the Beetle knight expansion at all?

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

@horati0nosebl0wer what price ? The new Necromunda starterset ?
    I’d argue that the price of convenience and power of branding is not to be underestimated. Apple being the perfect example : subpar products sold at premium prices due to marketing.

grumpygraeme
    923xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hello everyone,

Don’t post much, or often but love looking at all the great hobby goodness that everyone gets up to so have decided to try and get involved (tried in the past but my attempts are always followed by absolute family chaos that leaves me a broken man haha!).

The wife and kids are away for a few hours too visit friends so O am hoping to get some priming done (assuming I get through the list of chores that have been left for me that is!). I am going to be working on some miniatures from metal king studios Relicblade, an awesome fantasy skirmish game that plays on a small surface and is quick fun and very story driven. The mini’s are absolutely gorgeous too! They fit well with what was discussed on pointless views about metal minis. These are all sculpted in Z brush and are so full of character and dynamism!

First off, apologies about the terrible photos!

The lost enclave warband, Elf, treeman, shapeshifting mage and bear form.

IMG_2289

The temple of Justice warband, Knight, thief and cleric of justice.

IMG_2291

The Moldorf expedition, Hearthguard, thief, bibliothecary and apparition.

IMG_2292

A super cute dragon from lucid eye publication that I have in mind for games with my daughters when they are old enough.

IMG_2293

Now on to getting some chores done!! Hopefully post later today or tomorrow with some progress!!

warzan
    Keymaster
    30750xp

they are awesome! @grumpygraeme

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

@grumpygraeme welcome and great way to spend the day. 😉

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

@grumpygraeme that dragon is soo cute … that’s practically demanding it be purple, pink or baby blue. 😀

//

As promised pictures …

Official Guildball statues :

DSC_0055

DSC_0056

Source : https://detinnenroos.nl/en/

Demo tables for Marvel Crisis protocol :

DSC_0057DSC_0058

The cards for the game are so big they needed another table equal in size to the terrain just to display them …
    Maybe they didn’t get a big enough table to do the demo?

//

@sundancer are the Imperial Assault minis at the same scale as the Star Wars Legion ones ?
    I saw an Asoka mini expansion for Imperial Assault which made me wonder why they haven’t annnounced her as a character for SW:L yet …

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/226836/star-wars-imperial-assault-ahsoka-tano-ally-pack

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

@limburger  no they are a bit smaller and less detailed. But if you put them on a SW:L base it’s not so big of a difference. Except may the AT-ST which is *really* small compared to Legion

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer thanks for the info.
    I hope they do both her and Anakin eventually, but it is nice to know that she could be an option.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)