Skip to toolbar

[unofficiall weekender] It's friday y'all!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficiall weekender] It's friday y'all!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 41 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42558xp
    Cult of Games Member

With Clone Wars being out and Rex coming to the table I’d say the odds are very good 😉

And I did get some Hobby done!

IMG_20191110_214205321

Even more colours!

grumpygraeme
    923xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Well, chores have been done! Bathrooms have been cleaned, currys have been made, shopping has been bought, biscuits have been baked and minis have been primed!!!!

I managed to get a little more hobby done so I at least achieved my goal!!! Got the minis primed and zenithed which I must admit is one of my favourite things! Love the stark contrast of the monochrome look!

@limburger It is ridiculously cute! I think it might be getting painted orange so it looks like Zog the dragon from one of Julia Donaldsons childrens books that my daughter loves but we will see!

IMG_2299

As a Brucey Bonus I also got the goblin expansion for Labyrinth the board game done too! They are just beautiful sculpts and should be a lot of fun to paint. I just LOVE everything about that movie and so does the wife so that is one of the few miniature games we play together.

IMG_2300

IMG_2301IMG_2302IMG_2303IMG_2304

Noticed some mold lines and a bit of flash that I had completely missed while prepping the minis. a few choice words were spoken when I noticed them!

In terms of answering the questions:

1. Don’t have much of hobby regret/disappointment which is good! Don’t back many kickstarters and am very with my spending habits as I have a big enough pile of unpainted stuff for me to worry about without adding tonnes more.

2. don’t play that many games or board games at the moment so cant really comment about mechanics etc. The price of some games does make me wince though!!

3. Been preparing for the kids Christmas for a while now as my wife is still on Maternity leave money is a bit short so we spread it all out over months. That being said I haven’t bought anything for the missus yet which will no doubt be getting left to the last possible minute!

I backed the Arcworlde second edition kickstarter a few weeks ago so I am just taking that as my  main Christmas present this year although I have pre ordered the new releases from moonstone the game (more characterful goblins!) which I should be getting for my birthday at the end of the month.

Right then, off to bed! Cant believe its Sunday night! Where does the time go!

sundancer
    42558xp
    Cult of Games Member

I found having a batch of minis primed and ready to go helps with tight time frames. You get only an hour into the hobby? It’s ready to go to take some paint… help getting back into the hobby to I found.

I’d really like to see the dragon in bright orange…

grumpygraeme
    923xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer my thoughts exactly! With them primed I can dip in and out for short blasts as time allows. That’s the plan anyway!!

In hindsight should have left them off there bases which might have made doing the bases easier when I get to that point but I just could help myself from getting them assembled and based!!

maybe try and get some base colours down on some of them during the week but will see how I get on!!

Does this thread continue all week? If I did get some paint down should I post it here or is it only a weekend thing?

It is a miserable day in Scotland today! Very wet! Off to work!

sundancer
    42558xp
    Cult of Games Member

this thread is a week long. Around Friday there will come a new unofficial Weekender thread

Anonymous
    0xp

Some lovely minis there @grumpygraeme!

I did painting stuff yesterday.

IMG_2655

Robert’s 40k Weekend Continued.

sundancer
    42558xp
    Cult of Games Member

Those tentacles always make me think of wine gummy sweets XD

rayzryr
    Participant
    20833xp

@horati0nosebl0wer why yes I did get the DBK expansion! A wonderfully characterful monster, though I’ve yet to put it on the table… or even assemble it ?

If we’re talking about the Necromunda kit… I won’t say the price is too high. I’ll say that I don’t see the value in it.

Welcome @grumpygraeme

That’s a great selection of minis, very characterful ? I do love those Labyrinth Goblin minis

@limburger oh, I just realised that Marvel table is in a subway! I’m so used to open air train stations…

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  rayzryr.

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

1. What was your biggest regret/disappointment regarding the hobby? A failed Kickstarter? A huge investment of time and/or money in a game that went belly up?

Have to agree with @limburger here with Dropfleet Commander. Really good game, great figures but dropping to TT Combat just killed it for my Flgs who couldn’t get it in anymore. Had such high hopes for it. Obviously it killed DZC too.

2. In your favourite board game, is there anything you’d really like to change? A certain rule, scale of the minis, support by the company or just the price?

Hmm, currently this is Hellboy and I’d just want to add the odd missing character in here or there like the Gruargh who is oddly absent even in the Wild hunt Expansion.

3. As we are part way into November: do you have all Christmas presents for all your loved ones?

I thought I did then my missus decided to get me something. Now without spoiling my surprise we need to talk about budgets etc.

4. Bonus question: what is you biggest wish for Christmas?

That I win the lottery. Easy.

Pictures of my recent works. Assemblage of the KoW v3 starter and finishing the Abyssals for Vanguard.

IMG_20191111_120256IMG_20191111_120256_1IMG_20191111_120250IMG_20191111_120244IMG_20191111_120319IMG_20191111_120157IMG_20191111_120202IMG_20191111_120229IMG_20191111_120224

Music too.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

I think we can be glad that TTCombat got the license, because that allows it to exist.
    It’s safe to say that no one expected the insane number of backers their kickstarter got, which kind of goes to show that you do need to plan for a maximum amount of products.

@woldenspoons : I’d say winning the lottery is on everyones’ wishlist 😉
    I sure as heck could use the money just to buy a basic house.
    It’s not Japan levels of crazy, but the low-end of the housemarket is either stuff that needs serious renovation or things that are so small it’s not worth buying compared to what I’ve got.

Watching the American shows where people happily spent 1 million dollars just to buy a small home also makes me glad I don’t live there.I’d be wondering where they’re hiding the drug factory …

// btw

Anyone catch Till Lindemans’ new song “Knebel” ?
    The video is seriously disturbing as it changes from acoustic to metal …

oh … and he’s doing something undescribably to a naked woman when that happens.
    So no, not posting that uncensored video even though the song itself is nice.

I hope this clip is safe for work :

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  limburger.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  limburger.

Anonymous
    0xp

Aside from painting a few wee detail on the Nurglings, and varnish, I am calling this done.

IMG_2659

10 more Warriors of the Willy ready to smash the enemy from the field of battle (well, after I paint them).

IMG_2660

sundancer
    42558xp
    Cult of Games Member

That Nurgle stuff really looks nice.

I’ve got some hobby done today too.

IMG_20191111_215304497

And done!

grumpygraeme
    923xp
    Cult of Games Member

Jeez that nurgle tank looks sick!! @robert

@rayzryr I love the look of all the Froud inspired goblins. Always wanted to get a hold of the Ridend goblins from the relics game, but was too late as they went under! Another TT combat acquisition which I am hoping will start getting worked on in the next few years!!

@sundancer those battletech mechs look great! Loved some of the d computer games, especially the intro scenes etc but was always shite at them!!!

sundancer
    42558xp
    Cult of Games Member

@grumpygraeme  then you need to play online or skirmish 😉 I love that game

rayzryr
    Participant
    20833xp

@robert the Nurgle vehicles are looking great, did you end up primarily going with Citadel Contrast paints?

@woldenspoons good work, looks like you’ve got a bit going on there.

@sundancer I like your Mechs, not gonna lie: when I saw one of your earlier pic’s of the black mini, I thought you’d gone for a two-tone black-and-tan or black-and-gold. I was thinking some sort of late 70’s/80’s sports car inspired thing… until I realised it was just glare on the front of the mini X-D

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)