Skip to toolbar

[unofficiall weekender] Sick of it all…. media coverage on corona and such…

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficiall weekender] Sick of it all…. media coverage on corona and such…

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 54 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I few years ago, as part of the Brighton Festival (each May we have the Artists Open Houses – where each weekend artists put their work on display in their homes and simply open their doors to visitors) I tried making a painting robot.

A simple x/y frame (like a 3d-printer or cnc machine) is relatively easy to do, but I want to make a robotic arm that actually painted, as an artist would. It was *really* difficult!

While I’m sure Ikea could put the investment into a robo-arm for painting (they have robots on display in their stores, opening and closing dresser drawers for example) I’m not sure it’s something that could easily be replicated for painting on the scale of scale we work at! At least, not something I’d try to build. Again 😉

sundancer
    42559xp
    Cult of Games Member

not yet

😉

madgolem
    Participant
    977xp

@horati0nosebl0wer

Thank’s a lot!

The markings are from the Fuerza Aérea Argentina (Airforce of Argentinia). All the Jets on the pictures participated on the Falkland War.

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

I finished my Cyber Belle model. I’ve written up the paint scheme here: https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1467945/

IMG_0515

On to some Skaven stuff next…

sundancer
    42559xp
    Cult of Games Member

It started with a kiss…. now, with green paint XD

View this post on Instagram

It's cramped on the paintstation. They are big and green but they ain't orcs. Finally caved in and started @modiphius #FalloutWastelandWarfare let's see where this leads me 😉

A post shared by @ sundancerge on

@madgolem I’ve looked at the coverage of Falklands air warfare that oriskany put out as a batrep but never really caught the bug to dive into something like it. I think that the painting bug has me firmly in its jaws and there are too many things to slap with pigments before sitting to play. I really think that I might hold off from buying anything until next year (watch some damn smartass Kickstarter tempt me with their wares as I post this). Perhaps just getting involved with a gaming group will actually kick me into gear and paint a lot once I find my feet in a real home.

@danlee I was taken by some of the other work those guys did for figures but the Cyberbelles just didn’t hit me the same way. The scifi aspect to the work is cool but just not bowled over with the fairies. Good work on bringing out the details.

@sundancer I don’t know about the boardgame but I will keep a wa4m place in my heart for the videogame series. The DLC makes for interesting side story exploration but I don’t think there’s a means of expansion for tabletop play.

sundancer
    42559xp
    Cult of Games Member

@horati0nosebl0wer The boardgame (from FFG) is a totally different beast (and that already has an expansion). This is the miniatures game (from Modiphius) 😉 The miniature game has a skirmish mode, an AI mode and can be used within the RPG (also Modiphius) Not to speak of all the factions… I’m kind of glad that no local store carries it… otherwise money would go away fast XD

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

@horati0nosebl0wer yes the style of the Cyber Belles is very different from the other stuff in the Ouroboros range. At the time the Kickstarter was live I decided to get a 75mm model on a whim. It was nice to paint a model where I didn’t have to worry about matching the colour scheme of an existing army.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@danlee sounds like how I got in that Infinty busts kickstarter.

I just haven’t got around to painting any of them though, because by the time I got them my attention had wandered …

Not having a dedicated place to prime anything isn’t helping me either.
    (I know … lots of excuses for not doing anything 😀 )

//
    Things are getting serious over here.
    300+ infections, almost half of them in the same province and officials asking us to minimize social contacts as much as possible.
    I think the last bit is not going to be a problem for us nerds and geeks 😀

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

@limburger busts still don’t appeal to me. I much prefer complete models. I guess part of me still thinks that someday they might be put to use in a game.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@danlee I thought they could be a nice change of pace, once I got better at painting …
    That kickstarter did have two complete models unlocked eventually.

I hear Mantic has a really big plastic Giant figure that actually works as a model.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

So I got back from visiting family in Sicily on Saturday. It turns out, I got out with just 48 hours to go.

I contacted the guys at work and said “look, everything is fine, but I’ve been on a ‘plane with about 200 other people and, given it takes 4-5 days for symptoms to appear, if I’m not coughing my lungs up by Wednesday, I’ll come in- how’s that sound?”

They took a vote. I’m banned from work until Monday.

Sure, losing a weeks’ money for what is most likely to be for no reason is annoying. But, on the upside, I’ve a mountain of freshly printed resin miniatures here that could do with a splash of paint on them.

I’m not even going to pretend to be “working from home”.

timchubb
    Keymaster
    3166xp

1.\ Nope
    2.\ Nope
    3.\ Time still works as expected

Been getting my 5 year old to paint some mini’s will post some pics as and when, that and refurbed a vortex mixer because i am very lazy/rsi means shaking can make my hands numb.

IMG_20200306_171430
    IMG_20200306_171448IMG_20200306_171511
    IMG_20200306_171534

sundancer
    42559xp
    Cult of Games Member

Oh, a fancy vortex shake… the nail polish one isn’t good enough? 😉 If they weren’t that expensive they are really the way to go.

timchubb
    Keymaster
    3166xp

I blagged ebay ? got it for less than the cheapest nail varnish shaker.  It sort of worked other than the push down mode was temperamental and the motor stalled easily and was noisy so I replaced the speed controller with a more modern scr based circuit which did wonders for the torque, and fabricated a new linkage from 12mm thick plastic chopping board, which cured the noise. And added some padding between base plate using 2mm craft foam

Total spend £28.50

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)