Skip to toolbar

[unofficiall weekender] Thats all folks!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficiall weekender] Thats all folks!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  limburger 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy & paste ###

Read all of this before you start as it will save any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

### End of shameless copy & paste ###

The year comes to an end and so does this thread…. for this year.

Today no questions but nothing but well wishes and a “flocking happy new year” from me. I thought of asking about any new years resolutions but (at least for my part) those don’t last the first 4 weeks of the new year.

Thank you to all and everyone here. The team, the CoGs and all the OTTer users…

Next stop: world domination! 😉

damon
    7525xp
    Cult of Games Member

Happy new year.

No resolutions here either, just a deal with myself to try and get more hobby time in.  Today’s effort is start putting Xmas pressies together; some Cruel Seas ships.  A couple of Raum Boats for the Kreigsmarine and a pair each of Fairmile C and D gunboats for the Royal Navy. Scratch building some masts from brass to replace the cast spaghetti ones in the kits…Cruel Seas 3Cruel Seas 2

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Building those masts would drive me nuts XD

Anonymous
    0xp

Pledge is to prime and start painting my Dwarf Shieldbreakers and continue to build my Naughty Dwarfs for KoW.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Naughty or skyclad dwarves?

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

and do they bring their own spears ? …

(so … where’s the brain bleach for that picture ;-))

//

I have promised myself to reserve a bit of hobby space this weekend.
    Not sure if any hobby will get done, but I do hope that I can get enough done so I can make more of an effort of doing actual hobby at least once a week next year.

Let their be Flock!

biggabum
    4565xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hey all, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hope you all got the goodies you wanted and some you didnt know you wanted until you unwrapped them 😀

I have’nt been around much this past year for various reasons one of which was a bit of Hobby Burnout. The first in over 25 years of Gaming, but i guess it hits us all at some point or other. The good news is that I recieved an early Christmas present of my youngest son, Chris, that reignited that spark. Not only in gaming but gave me an urge to paint stuff that I have’nt had in a good 10 years. The game? Marvel Crisis Protocol.

The Bad Guys (not that it actually matters in this game)

DSC_0355

And the good guys

DSC_0356

Just finished Black Panther and Killmonger too, will post the pics later.

Just a few pics from the game we had this afternoon

DSC_0348DSC_0349DSC_0350DSC_0351DSC_0352DSC_0353

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

yeah! A lot of @lloyd shots! 😉 Maybe with less flash next time? *g*

damon
    7525xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer I find scratch building totally relaxing; headphones, load music and zone out completely isolated from ‘The World’.

Finished building;

Cruel Seas 4

2 Raum boote, 2 Fairmile Cs motor launch (ML) 303 & ML 345, 2 Fairmile Ds motor gun boat (MGB) 660 & MGB 658.

Talking of loud music, a few offerings of stuff that helps with hobby time;

biggabum
    4565xp
    Cult of Games Member

We got our second game of Marvel Crisis Protocol in this afternoon which I won (due, in most part, to Matty forgetting the objectives completely and obsessively trying to kill Spiderman, who, in our last game, pretty much won it for me). Apologies upfront for the quality of the pics but i was messing around with the flash settings…. but you will notice that none of the models are suffering from red eye….

The new additions to the collection Black Panther and Killmonger

DSC_0360

Matty’s guys

DSC_0365

and I took

DSC_0362

DSC_0367DSC_0368DSC_0369DSC_0370DSC_0371DSC_0373DSC_0374

collins
    16343xp
    Cult of Games Member

I am super close to completing my first new years resolution. last year i secretly (so if i failed i didn’t look a tit) promised myself to cut out much of the junk food from my diet, specifically my unhealthy love of big macs. I’ve gone a whole year without eating any maccies and come close to failure a few times (bloody love a big mac). I’ve managed to seriously cut down the fast food from my diet in general, all i need to do now it banish cakes and biscuits, but i suspect that wont happen until i move on from my currently employment…. stereotypes exist for a reason and there is always cake/biscuits/donoughts in my office.

This weekend’s task has mostly involved housework but also 3D printing the Starship III Alpha i bought as part of a kickstarter.

I also played a couple of rounds of Skirmish Sangin… That book is not well laid out, or even cross checked, has anyone ever mentioned that to the writers or editors? I found it so very hard to check rules and even found rules where the example provided contradicted the rule. Depressingly shoddy really.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

@damon I agree on “scratch building is relaxing” but at that scale it tends to be more torture then pleasure 😉 At least to me

@biggabum kudos for your @avernos style of photography 😉

@collins good on watching your intake. How long will it take to print that ship?

biggabum
    4565xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer Thank you Sir !

avernos
    Keymaster
    33467xp

That photography is amazing I’m glad to see you give it the attention it deserves

biggabum
    4565xp
    Cult of Games Member

@avernos thank you Sir, I was influenced by Bailey…. well I mean I was under the influence of a bottle of Baileys 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)