Skip to toolbar

Well done everyone

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Well done everyone

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 12 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

somegeezer
    18339xp
    Cult of Games Member

I know the quality of discourse on here is a regular topic. I just wanted to add my 2p.

I just had a look at Well Known 40k Rumours Site (the HH box set rumours) and holy moly there are some angry folk in the comments section.

It’s not always 100% peaceful round here but I’m happy I don’t have to get my news elsewhere.

Thanks for the great comments, all!

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

There are some pretty nasty people out there in the internet, which is why I like it here where it’s pleasant. 🙂

onlyonepinman
    18051xp
    Cult of Games Member

I now have a strict “no click” policy on BoLS, Spikey Bits and Blood of Kittens.  They’re absolutely awful places.  I have zero issue in naming and shaming them, they are absolute cess pits.

I actually think I may be banned from the comments of two of them, assuming they even still have comments (and I have a feeling I am banned on both for something that happened on one of them).  They both had a spell of posting what I felt were deliberately inflammatory and divisive articles (and the comments would certainly seem to corroborate that), but then they started deleting any comments that disagreed with the article whether they were abusive or not.  I got banned for pointing that out and I soon found that I also couldn’t post comments on the other.  In a way I am glad they did because as a result I vowed never to visit their site again and I am actually much happier as a result.  I have started taking similar approaches with Facebook – if a group, page or person starts becoming divisive, argumentative and unsupportive of diverse opinions I leave, unlike, unfriend or unfollow – my life is much happier as a result.  The internet is, generally speaking, not a nice place and it just seems to bring out the worst in people, given the chance.  I know I can dragged into things far too easily and while I like a good discussion, I draw the line at being insulted or feeling like I am being pressured into silence.

tankkommander
    Participant
    6389xp

BGG is horrible but for very different reasons. I have not been to that site for over a year and glad of it.

onlyonepinman
    18051xp
    Cult of Games Member

I don’t mind BGG so much but I only really use it as a reference site for rules queries.  I don’t really get involved in any of the discussions

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Spam bot alert!

please review that users serhiikonovalov  posting history!

@tgu3 @nakchak

Anonymous
    0xp

Hi Carol

Well done to you it couldnt have happened to a better person ,thanks for what you have and are doing .

Thanks and Best Wishes

Brian and

Poppy ,Daisy ,Rosie and Lily

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Spam bot alert!

please review that users christyapary posting history!

@tgu3 @nakchak

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)