Skip to toolbar

What Are You Painting Now?

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming What Are You Painting Now?

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 4,331 replies, has 344 voices, and was last updated by  blipvertus 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,221 through 2,235 (of 4,314 total)
  • Author

20190825_182354

A shameless xpost from another thread but I wanted to share the results of playing with my airbrush and seeing the results of a cool metallic paint over large flat panels.

Here I’ve got the Redemptor Dreadnought covered first with Mr. Color Ueno Black, a very good gloss primer, that I thinned with the corresponding product from the same company. After the model sat for a little and dried, lacquer dries quite fast compared to acrylics, I then hit it all with MIG Ammo’s Bluish Titanium. That smeared a little on the glove as I tried to gingerly move the model during my basecoat phase. I’ve worked with this series of paint before and when they state leave it for 24hrs to dry completely they mean it. This means I have some time before I drop a layer of Warhead Metallic Blue over it with some masking for effect and the first gloss coat. I’m thinking of going back with silver and a brass layer before the panel lining and final gloss coat before soing the base.

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve made more progess on my Hobby Weekend Start Collecting project.  Only one model to go now, but it’s the big one.

flesh10

Flesh Hounds

karanak

Karanak, The Hound of Vengeance

crush06

Bloodcrushers

144artist
    25543xp
    Cult of Games Member

With Kings of War getting a third edition in a few months I am getting some of my partially finished projects done, ready for the new rules. Right now it is all about my dwarfs. I’ve got an Army Standard Bearer carrying a Boomstick, a Berserker Lord on Brock, and the last two members of my second Ironguard Regiment.

ASBoomstick1ASBoomstick2BerserkerLord1BerserkerLord2

144artist
    25543xp
    Cult of Games Member

Whoops, didn’t include the two Ironguard I just finished.

LastIG1LastIG2

chaosgorka
    22754xp
    Cult of Games Member

I was able to finish up a classic chief librarian tigurius just in time for the new one to come out.

20190824_07471220190824_074609

Anonymous
    0xp

IMG_2222IMG_2223IMG_2224

Nurglings, taste the rainbow pestilence 🙂

Far too many wee mistakes and missed bits but they will do for now.

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

Super colourful and makes me think they belong in Jim Henson’s Nurgle.

twodeesick
    Participant
    2893xp

20190827_00053820190827_00044020190827_000516had a bit of a repaint of my original spires for conquest.

At one time these wore 100% bone mold armour. The insect like chitin effect courtesy of greenstuffworld colorshift toxic purple has not only given me inspiration to write lore for my Spire but also the lore has in turn inspired me to snow flock the bases.

I think I can finally stop tinkering with the colour scheme now and finally get the 100 or so plastic models I have waiting to build (SHAME! SHAME!) to add to these resin prototypes.

Anyway… the fluff..

Kchoat’lis – The Hive Spire!

“Where did you hear that name boy?

Kchoat’lis? I’ve not heard that word since I were just a boy. My grandfather liked to scare us with silly stories.

Kchoat’lis was first named when the Old Dominion was young. A name, a word that has survived the ravages of time in stories used to terrify hardened soldiers about the camp fire.
    Tales tell of the Kchoat’lis beetles. Predatory insects, the size of men that swarm and consume as locust! From the great Hive Spire.

Sure, there were truths to the tale. Half truths and exadurations.

The Kchoat’lis Hive Spire stands high upon the mountains of the dying lands. No man alive claimed to have travelled there but it is clearly visible from the North Dominion. In the evenings twighlight, huge clouds of creatures… surely bats or swallows in migration, could be seen billowing like plumes of smoke in the far distance.

During The Fall, it was said that The Hive erupted like a Hornets nest kicked by a fool!
    My old man swore that the tales were true. That our ancestors who crossed the wastelands not only fled the devastation but also from great swarm of Kchoat’lis. Some the size of men but others like towering monsters!

Hahahaha! The look in your eyes boy!”

The Spire Lords of Kchoat’lis are true indeed. As are the huge insect that inhabit the region but the size of a man, they are not. Maybe a small dog at the largest! Their citadel, seated high in the dying lands mountains survived The Great Dragon Wars and lay dormant for millennia. For the mountains were rich in biomass. Thousands of tonnes of insect biomass. The stock was rich, strong and responsive to phenomenal command, leaving few reasons to meddle in the world of men that had developed around them.

Until the cataclysm. The realm of men had brought a destructive force upon themselves. The Hive responded just like the old tales tell… swarms of man size creatures. Man shaped insects with dagger like claws. Drones wrapped in chitinous armour with claw like blades, flooded the lands and defended The Hive with ravenous instincts.

The aftermath of The Fall was suffered by the delicate balance of life around The Hive. A winter eternal. In just 5 spawning cycles, most of the insects of Kchoat’lis were all but extinct.
    The realms of men, through their ignorance, through their arrogance, had cost the Kchoat’lis Lords greatly.

A price man would suffer as long as the world must suffer man!

(I’m not a writer by a long shot and that was mostly made up on the spot)

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

Those eyes!  Its clearly a guy in a rubber suit from a 50s horror movie!

krautwerk
    Participant
    944xp

Hi all,

a new German officer (28mm; Heer46) is leaving my workbench to support my troops. I hope you like it!

HeOsFro1

HeOst1

HeOst2

jayadan
    Participant
    943xp

A few things I finished today:

cs_s38cs_s100cs_tIImorgancs_tI

macgothmog
    Participant
    6542xp

Painting a 54mm mini this time, Nocturna, a super delicate resin from Nocturna Models.

DSCF8133DSCF8131DSCF8134DSCF8135

Trying some things for the background. It will be something like this, but hopefully better.

DSCF8166

levarius
    3275xp
    Cult of Games Member

Working my way through my Mythic Battles Kickstarter Pledge and have just opened a new project to keep it all in. While it’s a little behind, here’s some of my stuff so far.

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1430325/

20190810_135600-0120190817_194815-0120190817_174911-0120190810_133908-02

doctorether
    Participant
    9166xp

EmptyName_16

Got the Shattered Stormvault terrain kit done for Warcry. A few details here and there I guess I need to fix. But overall it’s a great kit.

brianfowler713
    Participant
    3336xp

Two converted Evocators to go with the squad of three that came with the Soul Wars box, even though the army book has the minimum at five.

Evocators 009Evocators 010

Makes me wonder what Nighaunt units in the box set are below minimum size…

Viewing 15 posts - 2,221 through 2,235 (of 4,314 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)