Skip to toolbar

What Are You Painting Now?

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming What Are You Painting Now?

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 4,339 replies, has 344 voices, and was last updated by  blipvertus 2 days, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 4,322 total)
  • Author

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

Posting on behalf of our friends at wingsmoothpainting.com here we have the next of the studio painted pieces. The Gatekeeper Mage for the tower faction!

Gatekeeper_preview

Learn more about the game at the project here

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

@mage The Banshees are looking cool, are you planning on fading top/bottom and are you going to go to white or something else?

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

These are my Ogres from a few days ago, which have had a lot of work done on their clubs, rope and other bits and pieces since, as well as some touch ups. Next up are the browns (wood, boots, belts, bandages, other wope and wrist bands):

A unit of six Ogor Bulls and four Ironguts.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

*Copy and pasted from the Hobby Weekender thread.

More good work @davehawes

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@davehawes Thanks! I drybrushed them today with Astronomicon Grey (GW oop paint) and Ceramite white. Ill post them up in the afternoon and see what people think. They are much whiter now.

silverstars
    756xp

More Conan minis. Now with a Monkey-Man!

Thought I would throw in Conan for both scale, and to also compare where I’m at from the first mini from Conan I painted, which was completely done by brushwork, while Thak here was mostly Airbrush.

Also, here’s a pic of my progress so far, since I like group photos because they motivate me. 😀

georgesealy
    2670xp
    Cult of Games Member

Starting to get some models finished for my Nighthaunt army (minus some flock on the base):

IMG_1093

and these guys:

IMG_1090

And here’s the army as a whole – I’m liking the way the ghostly models stand out from the more grungy grunts:

IMG_1072

You can see the progress on the rest of the army in my project.

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

@georgesealy Very different looking group of Nighthaunts, I do quite like the black scheme as an alternative.

@mage Love the ogres, I don’t think I’ve seen these models before, very cool looking.

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

Posting on behalf of our friends at wingsmoothpainting.com here we have the next of the studio painted pieces. The Enchanter for the tower faction!

Enchanter_preview

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Still vely SUPPLIES! *badumm tiss*

IMG_20180810_214805275_HDR

zoidpinhead
    12476xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve just finished a small scenery piece, a stone circle.  To accompany this I painted a druid.  He is the current Wargames Illustrated show special miniature and is clearly supposed to be Veran from the recent Sky series Britannia.

stone8

You can see more about the creation of this piece on the Projects section of the site:

Day 2

I also used the excellent advice from @lancorz on his Photography in Gaming project (https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1242204/) to hopefully improve the quality of my pictures.  Is this any better Lance?

danlee
    22390xp
    Cult of Games Member

Got to get in the habit of posting both here and running projects.

I’ve been working on aeon trespass kickstarter nymphs.IMG_20180811_094354_HDR

More details in my project https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1243151/

dawfydd
    11888xp
    Cult of Games Member

Right, so made a start on the Imperial Knights of House Mortan. They’ve got a nifty armour scheme where the main  torso carapace is black whilst the shoulder and outer plates tend to be reds & yellows, all trimmed in gold.To that end last weekend I primed the weapons & main bodies black, whilst the armour plates were primed with Army Painter Leather Brown to provide a richer base for the red, yellow & gold.

Here’re the armour plates after a few coats of the colours:

2018-08-11 14.48.43

And here’s where I called it an end for the weekend – Leadbelcher on the torso & weapons, touched up the body panels with Abbadon Black then where there is gold went over with a layer of Leather Brown in preperation. At the same time went and tidied up the leather brown on the trim of the armour plates. Next step should be washes, the gold, then assembly   🙂

2018-08-11 20.18.48

mags66
    Participant
    139xp

Half way through my stars war legion and started some of my rebels no photos of them yet. The forest base in the background is for BoltAction but can be used in other games suitable for 20/28&35mm scalesBF58E2A3-AC36-430A-ABB7-5B0229D6CFE7A80F5B7C-BE8F-44BF-BB2E-88EAC1F6BD3147DA4837-7A1A-4446-8DA2-D1345937B427

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

Posting on behalf of our friends at wingsmoothpainting.com here we have the next of the studio painted pieces. The Axeman for the Coven faction!

axeman_preview

silverstars
    756xp

I Can’t stop Painting! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 4,322 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)