Skip to toolbar

What will be your last orders before Brexit?

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion What will be your last orders before Brexit?

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 45 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  bobcockayne 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author

andre77
    Participant
    4559xp

Atm i would say there will be no brexit. There be another elongation and another round of election. Then another referendum and over. 4 years wasted on political diskurs.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  andre77.

avernos
    Keymaster
    13875xp

I’m going to wander in here with a gentle reminder for everyone that this is a handy list of small companies people may want to check out as it looks like we are veering towards a political discussion and no one wants that.

On that note

aventine miniatures do beautiful ancients

limburger
    Participant
    8299xp

@zoidpinhead are you sure that is correct ? Seems odd that they’d calculate it at 600 when the packaging info would still say 500 …
    And wouldn’t the tax that you’d have paid as a EU country simply become taxes paid for UK ? As such the only thing that would change is where those fees are paid.

And while custom duty and taxes may be ‘new’ when shipping from ‘post brexit EU’ to UK … it’s not an unknown feature of international shipping in general. As such I think it is something that they could prepare for. I wouldn’t even be surprised if there was some sort of ‘brexit insurance’ deal for those shipping large volumes, but then I’m not a lawyer and have zero clue on international shipping (except that it is complicated).

I never bet on kickstarters shipping on time … that sort of stuff only happens when companies like GW announce their ‘preorders’.

I am hoping there is not yet another delay for brexit and it actually happens, because it’s this endless uncertainty that is more lethal than a no-deal brexit could ever be IMHO

Nexit next …

bvandewalker
    Participant
    924xp

Given that I live in the states, and I know this is going to sound jerky to all of you in the EU and UK, but I can’t wait for Brexit as  I expect both the pound and the Euro to go down to about the value of the Dollar or less and stay that way for a good long while.

I am thinking of buying more Conquest Games kits first, and then maybe some Victrix and Perry’s stuff, perhaps even some more Fireforge as those Byzantine sets look great. Muh,ha,ha!

robert
    Participant
    13697xp

I may have bought an Elephant from Aventine this week, called Hercules.  He is beautiful.  Worried that Brexit might affect the road from Bangor to Armagh.  Their Galatians/Celts are also beautiful and going to reinforce my Celts at some stage.

One company I love but doesn’t get mentioned much on OTT is Bear Head Miniatures – some lovely Undead and Minotaurs!

https://www.bearsheadminis.com/

doomrider
    Participant
    267xp

I’m looking to pick up some antedeluvian Scots to use in Lion Rampant.

shredhead
    Participant
    3338xp

My haul has arrived! I went for ttcombat and Hasslefree in the end. I also went over my budget this month. Worth it.

IMG_20191009_151018b

doomrider
    Participant
    267xp

How are you finding the ttcombat terrain? They seem really well priced.

shredhead
    Participant
    3338xp

It’s good. I can compare to Bandua and Sarissa stuff, and it’s on the same level. They keep prices low by not including a manual, those are downloadable on their site. Good customer support.

soulman
    Participant
    1055xp

My last order will be chicken wire to cover my car windows, a shotgun and as much catfood i can horde in my basement…

1st Nov i be mad maxing around town mainly robbing and raping, topless of course… need somekind of crazy headgear ?

Next system for me will be judge dredd starter set……

coxjul
    Participant
    4875xp

“Kill ze blond one! Make sure it’s obviously NOT an accident!”

Too controversial?  Not what you meant?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  coxjul.

avernos
    Keymaster
    13875xp

@coxjul I almost spat my pint out.

Give us a warning next time. Also we can do that for you he’s in dublin this week.

damon
    Participant
    5268xp

*ping*

OTT just went to the top of the list at GCHQ…

avernos
    Keymaster
    13875xp

Pretty sure they’d hand him over for a quiet life

bobcockayne
    Participant
    6193xp

Yup the Marauder Battlemech is stocked with hankies,  soft toilet paper and copy’s of the beano to tide out the storm.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)