Skip to toolbar

WIZKIDS ROLLS OUT 'TRANSFORMERS' MINIS

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion WIZKIDS ROLLS OUT 'TRANSFORMERS' MINIS

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Companies:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  mecha82 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

WizKids unveiled a new addition to its Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures line, which features the Transformers. It comes as part of the expanded Hasbro licensing deal that WizKids struck in Q1 (see “Wizkids, Hasbro Enhance Licensing Deal”).

Transformers Themed Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures are pre-primed and ready to paint with decals and stickers included to help stylize each character. The first four miniatures in this line will be Starscream, Megatron, Optimus Prime, and Bumblebee. Each miniature retails at $4.99 and will be available in stores on September 24th, 2019.

This is borderline theft! THEY ARE DRAINING MY WALLET BY FORCE!!11!!1

1500x1500_5502e34b7f6337ed05e6b0c51ece334e5244b46d6d9757049ebaab41

Source: https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/43748/wizkids-rolls-out-transformers-minis

jodain
    12433xp
    Cult of Games Member

I love that these are the original transformers and not the modern film ones. Might have to buy them…

flatbattery
    8265xp
    Cult of Games Member

freddie

Anonymous
    0xp

I’m surprised they are so inexpensive given they are a licenced product.  Even if they ended up being 6 or 7 pounds sterling, I’d still say they are decent value for money.

soulman
    2945xp
    Cult of Games Member

A skirmish game would be great…

midnightblue
    Participant
    1285xp

I logged on to say the exact same thing.  Though I’m hoping they have a prepainted line or else I won’t be buying.  I wonder if there will be a Heroclix version?  I’d take just a prepainted version like their D&D & Pathfinder lines too though.  I can always find or dust off a rules set to use them with.

=)

mecha82
    Participant
    10037xp

It’s still interesting to me how WK is one making this when Hasbro that owns TF franchise with Takara also owns WotC meaning that they gave this to another company. Image if they make rules that you can use with all other games that they might make based on licences that they got from Hasbro allowing to play out TF vs. G.I. Joe on tabletop or have Skywarp as member of G.I. Joe (yes it’s a thing in IDW comic books).

totsuzenheni
    Participant
    5651xp

I was bracing myself for some serious spending but this is incredibly disappointing. They’re not very detailed and they don’t transform. I think that they’re even less detailed than the 1980s transforming toys. I guess that’s what someone gets for a fiver.

mecha82
    Participant
    10037xp

@totsuzenheni Well those 80’s toys were imported from Japan (Diaclone and Micro Change) so that’s reason why those were so detailed while these are miniatures made by WK that’s not known from making most detailed sculpts and having bad repaints.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)