Skip to toolbar
Team Yankee US forces

Team Yankee US forces

Supported by (Turn Off)

Project Blog by davebpg

Recommendations: 15

About the Project

This army has been one of my longest running unfinished projects, it actually started with the Team Yankee boot camp waaaaayy back. Time to get it over the finish line! **Apologies that some of the images are rotated. They are correct on my phone and iv'e tried rotating them to try and force them the right way up on the site but to no avail**

This Project is Active

First big unit over the goal line!

Tutoring 1
Skill 1
Idea 2
No Comments

Managed to get a big unit over the goal line this week. All 18 Humm Vees over the goal line and ready for action. Also managed to get the A-10’s table ready and the Cobras as well! I need to sort out tall flight stands for the A-10’s and fix the magnets back on the Cobras so they aren’t quite 100% finished but that’s ok for now. One thing I did slap myself for is not writing down the colour combos used as on the previously finished units. I’ve needed up using a different shade of brown on the Hummers’ to the rest of the army. Doh! Lesson learned for the future. I think I’ll stick to this brown though as I think it looks better. Opinions anyone?

Part 2: Base coat and build done

Tutoring 1
Skill 1
Idea 2
No Comments
So, all the assembly work is done, including the 4 additional M113’s which have become 2 extra ITV’s (built using additional spares), an M113 Fist (artillery spotted) and a transport for my infantry HQ. In this picture, you can see I’ve moved a huge chunk of the army over one of the goal lines but now the real work begins, adding the NATO 3 colour camo. It can be time consuming, but I’m hoping to stay motivated by batch painting a model type at a time and move the army over the final goal line in chunks of varying sizes. If I’m feeling motivated, I’ll tackle a big lot (like the dozen Abrams or two dozen Humm Vees). Not in the best of moods? Something small like a pair of ITV’s or Spads.So, all the assembly work is done, including the 4 additional M113’s which have become 2 extra ITV’s (built using additional spares), an M113 Fist (artillery spotted) and a transport for my infantry HQ. In this picture, you can see I’ve moved a huge chunk of the army over one of the goal lines but now the real work begins, adding the NATO 3 colour camo. It can be time consuming, but I’m hoping to stay motivated by batch painting a model type at a time and move the army over the final goal line in chunks of varying sizes. If I’m feeling motivated, I’ll tackle a big lot (like the dozen Abrams or two dozen Humm Vees). Not in the best of moods? Something small like a pair of ITV’s or Spads.

Part 1: Build.

Tutoring 1
Skill 1
Idea 1
No Comments
Couple of hours with the clippers and glue later..... have decided to add a box of M113’s at the last minute so there is another build to do before all the building is complete, but it’s a minor one. I also now have a target date of July the 13th when I will (fingers crossed) be taking part in a huge 400 points per side game against the Soviets!Couple of hours with the clippers and glue later..... have decided to add a box of M113’s at the last minute so there is another build to do before all the building is complete, but it’s a minor one. I also now have a target date of July the 13th when I will (fingers crossed) be taking part in a huge 400 points per side game against the Soviets!

Unpacking and collating

Tutoring 1
Skill 1
Idea 2
1 Comment
I’ve been reading Dave Taylor’s book on painting armies. It’s a good read, and helped kick me up the arse into getting one of my longest running projects over the finish line.I’ve been reading Dave Taylor’s book on painting armies. It’s a good read, and helped kick me up the arse into getting one of my longest running projects over the finish line.
First job was to unpack all the models and divide them int three parts. To build, to paint, and finished, with a physical line (masking tape) that sectioned off each phase. By finishing a model, it could cross the tape as a sort of imaginary goal line and move on to the next step.First job was to unpack all the models and divide them int three parts. To build, to paint, and finished, with a physical line (masking tape) that sectioned off each phase. By finishing a model, it could cross the tape as a sort of imaginary goal line and move on to the next step.
To build...To build...
...To paint......To paint...
...and finished....and finished.

Supported by (Turn Off)