Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] What do you mean Saturday?!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] What do you mean Saturday?!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy & paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

Introduce yourselves (New member thread)

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy & paste ###

Questions:

• How do you handle it when you are late?
    • How important is punctuality to you?
    • Have you seen the white rabbit?

And now back to the show.

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

Answers:

• I iz never late!
    • Very. Honestly I can’t stand being late myself. If I make appointments for a certain time I try to be there on time. It just seems rude if someone says “I’ll take time for you from this point on” to waste it by not being there.
    • Yes

Music for the masses:

Also I bought some blurays today. One for my wife, one for my daughter and one for me. “A knight’s tale”, “The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep” and “Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb”

limburger
    21550xp
    Cult of Games Member

So this topic is on time and the one last week simply was early ? 😉

1) How do you handle it when you are late?
    Late ? I’m never late, unless I need to travel by public transport and there is a massive *beep* that I didn’t account for.
    (Usualy I plan to arrive at least one train/bus earlier when using public transport)

2) How important is punctuality to you?
    Only Germans would think it more important than I do

3) Have you seen the white rabbit?
    I think it went that away =>

Dee Gees :

Now … I was planning to do stuff not sure if/when I get to do it  ’cause I first got to make a choice which project to start 😀

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Happy Fri…Saturday.

Pledge this weekend is to paint some objective tokens for Stargrave, paint some walls for Frostgrave, to be used for the spell ‘wall’, finish basing some resin corner ruins, also for Frostgrave, then start gluing together a whole load of mdf buildings for Stargrave. It’s all terrain for me.

How do you handle it when you are late?

I’m not late very often at all. I’ll often arrive far too early than risk being late. If it looks like I’ll  be even 5 minutes late I’ll send a message.

How important is punctuality to you?

It’s quite important, although I don’t mind if they send a message to inform me that they’ll be late and by how long.

Have you seen the white rabbit?

I’m sure I last seen it sitting on some bald man’s knee as he was picked up by a helicopter and dropped down a chimney.

danlee
    22395xp
    Cult of Games Member

This week’s pledge is to prepare the really big models for gold leafing. I also will continue reading up on ancient Egypt.

1. How do you handle it when you are late? – With extreme embarrassment – unless imposed by my other half which I have learned to accept.
    2. How important is punctuality to you? – Very important – unless being late due to my other half running late where I have learned it is not worth the stress.
    3. Have you seen the white rabbit? – Can’t say that I have.

danlee
    22395xp
    Cult of Games Member

Larger models done. https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1660768/

There are only two models left, but one is about 20cm tall and the other is a coiled snake about 30cm tall (its body is perhaps 70cm long).

thumbnail_IMG_6341thumbnail_IMG_6340thumbnail_IMG_6342thumbnail_IMG_6343

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

This week I will carry on with the Assault Intercessors, because at this point I might be working on them for the rest of my life… The armour is basecoated now, though, so that’s nice!

Questions!

I am very rarely late…I’m usually early. Honestly when I am late it makes me incredibly anxious and agitated simply because I’ve usually over compensated for the time it will take me to get somewhere. I have a reputation among friends for usually showing up an hour or so early then wandering around for a bit. 😛

If there’s a reason someone else is late then I’m usually cool with it, but when I’m late myself I consider it to be very bad. I’m weird like that, I guess.

The one with sharp pointy teeth? How has anyone not seen him? Look at the bones!

limburger
    21550xp
    Cult of Games Member

oooh … silly me

this white rabbit

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I apologise. Then try to style it out. I hate being late. But if it’s happens, there’s not much you can do about it, and I’d just hope the other person understands that it’s not intentional. It drives me crazy when my wife insists we don’t need to leave *now* but we’ll be ok if we leave only exactly the right amount of time to get somewhere. Being late drives me mad, yet I’m pretty cool about it if others are late. Sure, they may be being rude or selfish or inconsiderate. But they might just have stopped on the way over to help and old lady across the road too.

It’s both critical and unimportant in equal measures. I managed to get back onto a narrowboat a few weeks back, and one of the things I absolutely loved about it was that everything becomes timeless. You can’t work to a clock. Sometimes it takes ten minutes to get through a lock, sometimes it takes an hour. Sometimes you aim to reach a destination by a certain time and sometimes it goes dark before you get there, so you stop and moor up wherever you are. There’s always tomorrow.

But at the same time, once I’m in “city living mode” punctuality is everything. Any social interaction that involves an agreed time – it’s like you’ve broken the “agreement” if you don’t make it on time. And on a micro-level, don’t get me started about those guitarists who come in half-a-beat late when they’re taking a solo….

No. But on the canal I did see a deer going for a swim and a field with over a hundred geese and goslings in it.

Pledge? Get some more paint on some more inhabitants of Jabba’s Throne Room. I got waylaid with visiting family and hospital appointments and stuff this week, but did manage to get Bib Fortuna finished and a couple of guards blocked in. Slow and steady wins the race, right?

Here’s your music. You can thank the Youtube algorithms for this one; I didn’t actively seek it out:

I’ll leave you to follow the links to discover Enter Jazzman and other classics.

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

I can appreciate the technical aspects of playing things in a different style…. but man do I not like it XD. It’s just… metal is music that really keeps me afloat when I’m down. And it needs power. It need UMPF… Some cover versions still get that across but Jazz… naaaaa, not doing it 😉

This… this is doing it:

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

I have finally finished the armour on my Marines…it’s taken me long enough… There’s a few patches where the drybrushing was heavier that I’d like, but I decided to add some red panels on a few of these chaps just to break up the blue a bit. It’s a bit of an experiment to give my Ultras a little more character here and there. We’ll see if I like it or not…

On the subject of music, I found these recently.

I quite like Battle Beast.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I played D&D once. It was around 1993 and I’d stopped pretending I wasn’t a massive nerd and it sounded like it could be fun. It wasn’t. We created some characters but nobody ever explained what the point of it all was. Alignment was particularly confusing. Then the other day I found this and I feel like things started dropping into place

E8QZlnyWQAc6SxG

I still don’t know what thacko(?) is.

DnD players – is it *really* a game you can play? Or is it a bunch of people putting on silly voices and trying not to cringe to death in embarassment? I’m still not sure I understand the “game” element of it. But at least I can get my head around “evil lawful” now.

sundancer
    42621xp
    Cult of Games Member

I see myself in the “chaotic” range.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

Evil chaotic? You’re a monster.

I can see an imaginary (diagonal) line from bottom left to top right. I’m only ever above this line.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

In other news, my app-based tabletop game is nearing completion. I thought I was done with it, but took on a freelancer to build a UI to make it look “nice and pro” (ok, a bit less crap than my nasty coder art everywhere). It was ok. But not very inspiring. Then I got sent this and – although it looks a little busy as a static screenshot – it works really well.

I sent out hardware to a few people last year and spent the earlier part of this year refining the gameplay and functionality. Just when I got a final, full game working, I ripped the code to pieces and have spent the last six weeks or so re-writing it.

Here’s where it’s up to (preview from a Unity editor, not a mobile device)

game_screenshot_2

So now it’s working really well and looks quite nice too. I just completed a full game – moving my minis around the tabletop and everything – against the computer! Give it another week or so, and I reckon it should be ready to make a few playthrough videos, if anyone is interested….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)