Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Heeeeeeere is Johnny!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Heeeeeeere is Johnny!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  radegast6 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy & paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

Introduce yourselves (New member thread)

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your β€œpledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers β€˜conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no β€œbasically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one β€˜real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy & paste ###

1. Will we survive 2 weeks without any weekender and no XLBS?
    2. Did you see the partial eclipse yesterday?
    3. Is 20Β°C just right, to hot or cold for outdoor temperatures?

And now back to the show.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pledge: Just wait until 7pm UK time

1. Maybe barely
    2. yes, was very partial XD
    3. Just right… as long as I can stay inside.

Music:

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Forgot one:

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

It’s not a weekend until there’s an unofficial weekender …
    at least that will have to do until the real weekender returns πŸ˜‰

Weird Science … what a movie πŸ˜€

It was fun hearing those old songs again when I GTA was released … all 80’s songs.
    Soo much better than modern music πŸ˜‰

And metal … metal will survive everything.

(that movie was soo much better than it had every right to be ;))

ooh … pledges …

Trying out the new superglue I think.
    See if that works better.

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Ah ha. Happy weekend time.

My pledge. My miniatures for the next part of Rangers of Shadow Deep arrived and now they are all ready to paint. I’ll start on a vulture, then move to a flesh golem (Frankenstein’s monster) and then onto a whole bunch of Gnoll.

Will we survive 2 weeks without any weekender and no XLBS?

I’ll miss it for certain, my weekends won’t have a structure but I’ll survive. Or is this a sign of the end times?

Did you see the partial eclipse yesterday?

Not a chance, too much cloud cover but I did see a few nice pictures. Or is this a sign of the end time?

Is 20Β°C just right, to hot or cold for outdoor temperatures?

It’s far too hot. I prefer it too be cooler, or is this a sign of the end times?

Pledge: Just wait until 7pm UK time

Hmm, interesting.

No music but I’ve been watching some old Peter Cushing Horror movies on YouTube this last week.
    The House that dripped Blood – Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and John Pertwee:

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

Not sure I have a pledge for this week. Feeling a little burned out in general (this damn heat isn’t helping…) but I might do some hobby adjacent things. I had a plan for going over various rock-types to make stone minis look a little cooler than just the grey we tend to do stone with, but I also thought about documenting some idea I was having last night about how to fit alternate activation into 40k…because I really think GW games would benefit from a rule like that. We’ll see what I get up to. Probably not much, though; not really feeling like doing much at all at the moment.

Questions!

Will we survive 2 weeks without any weekender and no XLBS?

I think I can manage…maybe…

Did you see the partial eclipse yesterday?

There was a partial eclipse? I honestly missed that… That makes me a little sad; I love astronomy stuff.

Is 20Β°C just right, to hot or cold for outdoor temperatures?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to hot… -2Β°C is the best temperature. That being said…I wish it was 20Β°C here… 28Β°C and up…regularly getting over 30Β°C and the humidity is unbearable. Wish the AC could be turned on… I don’t do well in hot climates; I’m built for the cold.

Some music, perhaps?

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

Happy weekend everyone!

This week’s pledge is to continue with my spring clean Celts force. Finished basing a unit of slingers last night. I think I’ll do some of the characters next.Β https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1490359/

thumbnail_IMG_6066

As a side note my 3D printer died (I think I cooked the PCB) so I bought a new one. It’s a little bigger and cures faster so I should be able to print things off at a much faster rate.Β https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1584420/

1. Will we survive 2 weeks without any weekender and no XLBS? – It’s like the worst part of the Christmas holidays but without any of the good parts to make up for it.
    2. Did you see the partial eclipse yesterday? – Saw a headline in the news but didn’t look into it in any more detail.
    3. Is 20Β°C just right, to hot or cold for outdoor temperatures? – About right for me.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

oh yeah … questions need answers

1. Will we survive 2 weeks without any weekender and no XLBS?
      I think I can survive by watching the weekenders I haven’t watched yet … somehow those 3-4 hours of content eat into my hobby time so I either watch them or do something that may or may not be hobby related.
    2. Did you see the partial eclipse yesterday?
      Damn … I knew I had to do something, although I must admit that I wouldn’t know how to stare into the sun without blinding myself just to ‘enjoy’ a partial eclipse …
    3. Is 20Β°C just right, to hot or cold for outdoor temperatures?
      it’s ok … colder is better when outside.

We can’t mention eclipses without this song :

πŸ˜€

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

So I don’t know if this happens to anyone else, but I have a tendency to just come up with mad ideas at stupid hours of the day. I couldn’t sleep last night and at something like 3AM I got it into my head that I could build a small table to represent a Commando raid on the Norwegian port somewhere on Lofoten. Then realised I don’t know of anywhere that makes building kits that would work, I have very little experience building self-contained boards, and I’m not exactly Jeff Bezos. I still might try and do it at some point (I love Norway), but it got me to thinking about those almost pipe dream boards that we sometimes come up with. So that’s a question for the hivemind; if there were no obstacles to build any type of board for a game, a setting, a diorama, like literally anything, what would you want? And I mean like anything. A fantasy castle, a sleepy farmstead, an alien planetscape, even an old family home.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@crazyredcoat I think that when your brain is ‘at rest’ then ideas and solutions to problems tend to bubble to the surface. At least that’s how it works for me.

If there were no obstacles at all I’d build a board that with tiny adjustments could cover a variety of games.
    The desert themed boards that Beasts of War did for Bolt-Action and Flames of war would be an example of such a thing.

Depending on the features (terrain doesn’t have a scale) such a board might be more suited to skirmish games (Bolt-Action / Blood&Plunder / Stargrave / Frostgrave)

It would be insane to try and cover all seasons on one board though, so that definitely would be a different base board.
    So there’d be a tropical island one for pacific/pirate/sci fi/fantasy fights.
    A snow variant for when it needs to have snow
    A generic ‘green’ one to cover everything else for humans.

I’m definitely making one room in a house a ‘war room’ … I just need to find a house that’s within my budget. πŸ˜€
    (heck … my entire house will be a man cave :D)

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

@limburger The moment I read ‘war room’ I thought of this;

Once you’ve got a nice base board then everything can be nicely popped on and off fairly easily. A winter base could easily be turned into a Hoth board with some Star Wars gubbins, or a Viking village with some longhouses, or a Norwegian ski resort, ect. The only real problem is space. πŸ˜› Actually owning a house is probably a pipe dream for me, but if I manage it I’d like a decent space for some permanent gaming tables. πŸ˜›

warzan
    Keymaster
    30469xp

Sorry I’m late guys πŸ™‚ I had meant to post at the weekend but was flat out – I took a few pics of progress but didn’t get a chance to post them this morning as I have been sorting out an issue with the OTT Scooby Doo Van πŸ™

Anyway…

Will we survive 2 weeks without any weekender and no XLBS? – Yeah yer gonna have to lol
    Did you see the partial eclipse yesterday? – No such luck did see a shit ton of clouds though
    Is 20Β°C just right, to hot or cold for outdoor temperatures? – I’d say just right, that’s about what we keep the house temp at.

The weekend was spent letting the floors dry in the workshop and store room. I put down a pretty tough PU Enamel the farmers use around here but it takes a fair chunk of time to cure. So while I was waiting on that we started adding wood treatment to Alpha Base…

20210614_161533

Also topping up the wood chip as despite 10 tonnes of the stuff being spread it wasn’t enough lol

Then I set to work on a project for little Jack, he wanted a wee tree house of his own beside the sandpit as the older ones tend to take over Alpha Base, so Andrea found a lady on face bookselling one at a very low cost. Because it was pink and had the word ‘f**k’ scrawled on the inside lol

So I set to work on Bravo Base!

20210614_16155020210614_16153620210614_161600

Sited right beside the sand pit so I’m gonna have a go at making the little man a crane to move sand around πŸ™‚

He was chuffed to bits with it – and so was his mum lol – brownie points secured…

Then I got to start moving stuff into the workshop!!!

Im pleased with how it and the little store room (and garden tool shed) have turned out. For someone who couldn’t do any kind of work like this a year ago Im really chuffed with it πŸ™‚

20210614_16114520210614_16115520210614_16124120210614_161304

And music-wise I took a bit of a trip down drum and base lane lol

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice work on your homebase there…

I have been sorting out an issue with the OTT Scooby Doo Van

Car troubles was last week. πŸ˜‰

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve finished another group of models for the Celts. This time I went with the dog handlers and the warlord characters. I didn’t want to paint another dozen almost identical models.Β https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1490359/

thumbnail_IMG_6085thumbnail_IMG_6084

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

That rider reminds me of Asterix *g*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)