Skip to toolbar

Midwinter Minis, anybody watch him?

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Midwinter Minis, anybody watch him?

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Companies:

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

brianfowler713
    Participant
    3336xp

A speedpainter/nerd I’ve been watching for maybe a year. Wondering how many of you guys “across the pond” have heard of him.

nogbadthebad
    5771xp
    Cult of Games Member

What side of the pond are you on? Likewise I’ve been watching for a bit (can’t remember at what point it became a channel I would keep an eye on rather than something that would just come on). For context am in the UK

kiranamida
    5785xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve been watching him from about 6 months now I think. Came across from another hobby YouTuber (I wanna say KiriothTV or Dana Howl) and stayed for how much of the content is creative DIY hobby.

brianfowler713
    Participant
    3336xp

I am not only across the ocean from the UK, but almost, just almost across the continent that’s across the ocean.

I live in Sherwood Park, Alberta, the Alabama of Canada.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sherwood+Park,+AB/@53.5520143,-113.3942415,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x53a0134249546cbd:0xe467d3d92d40e3e9!8m2!3d53.5411916!4d-113.2957355

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yes, heard of him, watch him and his twins… seems a nice chap.

nogbadthebad
    5771xp
    Cult of Games Member

So does that make you an Oilers or a Flames fan?

flatbattery
    8265xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yes, watched most of his stuff over the last two years. He can be a little Marmite on rare occasions, but that’s a personal opinion, otherwise quite entertaining. Looking forward to him finishing the Warlord Titan.

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Watched him for a while. Makes good videos, and has some great ideas.

brianfowler713
    Participant
    3336xp

Neither. I don’t even know who’s on the Oilers anymore, but I hate Calgary, and thus the Flames, with the firey fury of a thousand suns.

brianfowler713
    Participant
    3336xp

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I just remembered something recently. Those who’ve heard of MidWinter Minis, did you know he is partially colorblind?

He mentioned this in one of his earlier episodes, so I’m not outing him, but it was an interesting surprise when he brought it up. Surprising, considering just how much he loves Orks and Plague Guard…

Here’s the video he disclosed his partial color blindness and a more recent Dark Angels one.

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

His most recent video is some else too.

rickabod41
    Participant
    9247xp

I cannot stand this guy.

So smug and entitled and all he is doing is making decent Youtube money monetising other people’s work.

Then he did a video basically saying he has ended his working relationship with GW (shilling for them) because it wasn’t worth it as he didn’t get a lot of free stuff!

Absolute tool.

Valrak is another one – he did a video the other week saying he had fallen out of love with GW, then within hours had uploaded about 4 other videos talking about how excited he was for new stuff.

Clickbait – let’s post something “controversial” to get more views then just pretend I didn’t whinge on about GW’s business policies for 17 mins.

But the absolute worst for me is “Discourse” – whose entire bit seems to be “I am a female gamer” and all “I do is complain about GW, while at the same time monetising their work for my own gain by constantly posting videos about them”.

Pick a lane people! GW cannot be the problem and the solution.

brianfowler713
    Participant
    3336xp

Wow. I did not expect a take like this at all. Though I probably should have, this being the internet.

Not sure what video you watched, but in one of his more recent ones, Midwinter specifically said he never wanted or asked for special treatment. All he wanted to do was mostly painting tutorials.

rickabod41
    Participant
    9247xp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZOkSowb7TU

“Wah Wah Wah – they didn’t tell me about 9th Edition and I only got £200 pounds of free stuff”.

I am not really sure why a company valued at around 7.2 billion would rely so heavily on a Youtuber to promote their content? or why he thought he would be given special treatment as opposed to the literally dozens and dozens of content “creators” out there?

Entitled.

tresilliian
    Participant
    2199xp

I think you totally got the wrong end of the stick with the meaning of that video, perhaps you didn’t realise/understand the context it was made in.

I find him the least entitled of all the Warhammer YouTubers, and have been watching his channel since the 4th video he put up, he seems a genuinely nice guy, someone who came back to the hobby later in life – like a lot of us and did it entirely for fun, until (because he is genuinely personable and good to watch) it became his full time job.

To put into perspective in a little over 3 years he’s gone from 0 subscribers to 293,000 (which makes him one of the largest channels on YouTube for the hobby)

I agree with you on Valrak however, that man is an utter tool.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)