Skip to toolbar

Midwinter Minis, anybody watch him?

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Midwinter Minis, anybody watch him?

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Companies:

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

danny76
    Participant
    2336xp

MWM I put in the middle of the road enjoyment level yeah.

He has some good videos out there, and does good work.

Valrak for sure. Agreed.

I’m not keen on that Discourse either, just her style of video annoys me a little, though I have watched several of her videos now..

Eons Of Battle I really enjoy. Proper nerdy guys but have a great charm about them, and funny with good skills etc.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I like him. He’s a bit like the Ed Sheeran of tabletop/minis youtube for me – his stuff is ok, and while I don’t particularly *dislike* it, it doesn’t get me excited either – but he stays on just the right side of doing-alright-but-still-charming-enough-not-to-be-an-utter-knob. I’ve seen it said here a bit: middle of the road feels like a great description.

Then again, maybe I’ll think something different in a few months – when I first discovered his channel, I couldn’t stand Ninjon and his twitterings with Miniac. But – just like I didn’t like Friends or Frasier when I first saw them – I think getting to know the characters makes all the difference. I love “trapped under plastic” now and Ninjon almost always raises a smile.

So, you know, these things aren’t set in stone.

moonunit
    Participant
    4501xp

Valrak usually seems good natured, I don’t mind him, but I looked up Discourse Miniatures. That is an awful channel.

kiranamida
    5782xp
    Cult of Games Member

I find Discourse interesting.

I’ve not been following her for long but I am in the strange place where I can’t really disagree with anything she says on a purely factual level but at the same time it’s already becoming the case that I’m recognising that 75% of every video is the same “but GW sucks” content.

And yes, they are in a place where its a case that I love the product whilst not necessarily loving the producer: it’s starting to get a bit negative for the point of it.

Not sure I would so far to go off and complain about her but I do find myself skipping over her videos more and more once I’m a minute in and can predict what the rest is going to turn into. Which is shame because I like the stuff she’s started doing about alternative systems but sifting through the “lol, GW bad how edgy” content is a tad tiring.

rickabod41
    Participant
    9246xp

We will have to agree to disagree – or disagree about agreeing when it comes to MM.

But I am glad I am not alone about Valrak!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  rickabod41.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Spam bot alert!

please review that users tomasdavis  posting history!

@tgu3 @nakchak

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)