Skip to toolbar

28mm Ammo Boxes ???

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion 28mm Ammo Boxes ???

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  a27cromwell 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

a27cromwell
    3180xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m looking for 28mm , 1/56 scale ammo boxes for various artillery pieces I’ve built . Most come with some over / under sized generic box or if you’re  lucky enough to get something close to real looking , you get 2 .  Mostly I need British 17 & 25 pounder metal boxes .   I did find some 3D printed 88mm 3  round wicker boxes  for my Flak 36 on Shapeways , and ordered 2 sets  . Hopefully the community can help me out  with the other pieces I need. I’ve also posted this question on the 3D print forum .   Thanks

ewokkebab
    167xp
    Cult of Games Member

No sure about British specifically but Rubicon do some stowage and crate sets

a27cromwell
    3180xp
    Cult of Games Member

I have got  all 4 Rubicon sets . Unfortunately most of the boxes are not scale versions of the real thing .  Some of those boxes are almost scale 6 ft long, wtf . I have cast a few , actually more than a few 76mm , 85mm , 122mm & 152 mm boxes using kit bashed model RR freight as masters and using the Miniart 1/35 boxes as patterns . Its the British & German metal boxes which are the problem , a real  PIA to master . I’m surprised no one has made any in resin or metal . I did find some nice looking 3D printed Flak 36 88mm three round wicker boxes which I ordered , hopefully they’ll be more in scale than Rubicon’s in their 88 kit . I have been using various Tamiya 1/48 stowage , oil drums and fuel cans , you’ve got to have that 3 piece handle on them to look right . Maybe I can find some 1/48 ammo boxes in resin or maybe AFV makes some in 1/48 as stowage for their Staghound

Might end up with a 2nd post as the site timed me out ,

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  a27cromwell.

a27cromwell
    3180xp
    Cult of Games Member

I have all 4 Rubicon sets . Most of their ammo boxes are fantasy . Wooden boxes are easy to make , I’ve cast probably 100 , its the stamped metal boxes that are a PIA to master . Might have to check out the 1/48 scale bits and pieces to find what I need . With JS IIs , Tigers & Panthers being large vehicles and most of my Warlord heroic sized troops pushing close to 1/48 it should look OK

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)