Skip to toolbar

3D Patreon Watch – August 2020

Home Forums 3D Printing for Tabletop Gaming 3D Patreon Watch – August 2020

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lawnor 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

Cyber Forge:

cyberforge

Titan Forge :

titanforge

Artisan Guild:

artisan

Tytan Troll:

Sounds like they add more models every week.  Look really characterful so could be worth checking in on

tytan

Unit 9:

unit9

RNEstudio:

rne

Raging Heroes:

raging

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

Duncan Shadow Louca:

Seems to be hiding this mknths releases behind a paywal.  Anyone got an image we can see?

Lost Kingdoms:

lostk

Dragon Trappers Lodge:

dragontrap

Hero Spawn Spot:

I see some trainee mages for September, but I cannot see whats coming for August

Monstrous / Galactic Encounters:

mon

Thunder Chrome:

August release hidden behind pay wall.  Heres 2 previews:

YCAugPreviewTCAugustPreview2

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

Vae Victus:

August stuff not out yet???  Here’s the full July pic, still available.  This month is Desert Theme

VVwtkp

Asgard Rising:

asgard

Cast N play:

MountMagma_Collection_Poster_Release_CastnPlay

Loot Studios:

loot1loot2loot3

Papsikels:

paps

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

Cult Miniatures:

“Hello there.

For reasons beyond my control, I feel mostly forced to close this Patreon. The Billing cycle wil keep paused for all current patrons and the last models will eventually release here.

After some time, I’ll open a second Patreon and close this one so I can set the releases not monthly but “per creation” (Patreon does not allow me to change this after the page is launched). There will be proper announcements when everything is ready and I’ll ensure you all receive the remaining rewards.”

Lord of the Print:

lord

Miniforge:

“I’m stopping patreon”

No further info, but he’s 17 so I’m guessing real life got in the way

Goonmaster Games:

goon

Darkblack Minis:

Patreon closed

Was there some kind of copyright legal action against Patreon and now people are running away?

Ghamak:

gha1gha2gha3gha4gha5gha6gha7

Makers Cult:

Modular apace fleets

makers c;ult

August will include the following:

Part 1:
    – Black Knights Close Combat Squad                              (Garin)
    – Valour Korps – Company Command Squad                (Brexitt)
    – Valour Korps – Lieutenant Hans                                       (Brexitt)
    – Skull Bots                                                                                  (Brexitt)
    – Space battle Fleet –  Imperial and Orc                           (Danny Cyanide)

Part 2:
    – Dark Techno – Velocirax Battle Thralls                          (Sebtheis)
    – Feudal Guard – Upgrade Pack 2                                       (Brexitt)
    – Heavy Infantry – Cronus configuration                          (Garin)
    – Heavy Troopers – Cataclysm Configuration                (Garin)

Twin Goddess:

twin

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

Anvil Industries:

ARMOURED RENEGADES this month.  No pics yet.  I’m assuming its a 40k parallel, so chaos marines?

Art of Mike:

First batch for august so Im assuming more similar in theme to come?

mike1

And thats my lot.  Plese share more if you know of them and feel free to add more for these guys as they add to this months patreons

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

blinky465
    17021xp
    Cult of Games Member

Vae Victus tends to release throughout the month, so although there’s very often a basic theme established, you often don’t know what you’re getting right up until a day or two before the month ends! So far I’ve seen something called a “Naga” and a camel.

Image1

There was so much good stuff last month (July) I spent a fortune on Patreon.

I’m still in two minds about Cyber Forge. I was so excited about it when it launched, then immediately just felt a bit “meh” (a bit like their vampires release as Titan Forge). For something trailed for so long as a cyberpunk patreon, there was an awful lot of “generic sci-fi” and Warhammer 40k proxies. I stuck around for this month only because they said they were changing tack and focussing more on cyberpunk in the future (August is all about the Aliens movies – which is cool and everything, just not what was promised at the start). I might stick with them. Or maybe not.

Unit9 is much more the kind of thing I expected from a cyberpunk creator. Cool looking characters, super, dynamic poses, guns and suits and shutter-blind shades – now that’s cyberpunk!

I’m still looking to pick up the odd Patreon here and there, so threads like this are brilliant – thanks for all the effort you’ve put into it!

shingen
    13941xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks @lawnor for doing all this work.

Let me add one more little Pateron I participate in, this is Monstrous Makings.

All he does are Infinity weapons and details for conversions. All his models are freely available over on Thingiverse. The Patreon is only to encourage him to do more.

Updates are more or less biweekly, latest delivery is this:

1[1]

blinky465
    17021xp
    Cult of Games Member

@lawnor – from what I understand there was some kind of “class action” (?) against Patreon – there was some conspiracy theorist right-wing nutjob spreading nonsense on their platform, so they kicked him off. They *then* changed their terms to say “we can kick you off if we don’t like your content” (tbh, I’ve never understood why this kind of thing is an issue in the first place – your platform, your rules, surely?)

Anyway, the guy who was kicked off told all his supporters to also raise an action against Patreon for being denied the content that they’d paid for. Word is that’s about 100 people and each case is expected to cost Patreon about $10k. So it’s *possible* that it could drag Patreon under.

Patreon contested the initial case, but last week *lost* – effectively opening the doors for everyone else to bring their court action too; many have said they’re not actually interested in winning their case, just to bring it to court in order to drive up the costs for Patreon and force them out of business – a lot of it reads like spite.

Whether or not this is the main reason for a few patreon creators closing, I don’t know. I’ve seen a few creators simply get too far behind because they felt they had to offer more and more every month and it all just got a bit too much for them.

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

I saw a youtube video to this effect.  No idea who reliable it was so interesting to see you back it up.  We will see how this plays out I guess.

The sculpts are damn good. I think that the work being put out by 3D artists is well earned for doing all the thinking and then roughing out ideas. The production is in the hands of the subscribers to make their minis. Hell I’m happy right now paying for a few figures here and there as I lack the printer/resin to make my own. Ugh… what we geeks value has made jobs for others that don’t need to make any physical thing and isn’t able to be calculated by previous standard means. I think this is the same kind of revolution in thinking that crypto has had on fiat currency.

shingen
    13941xp
    Cult of Games Member

And one more, a buddy of mine just signed up for this one: https://www.patreon.com/soldiers_of_fortune

1[1]

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  shingen.

civilcourage
    Participant
    11114xp

Highland miniatures

Looking pretty good this month, mounted knights and a Griffin.

https://www.patreon.com/highlands_miniatures

50184114821_99781d069c

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)