Skip to toolbar

Are flats making a comeback?

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Are flats making a comeback?

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  alfonsothetraitor 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

No not shoes but in distant times proper wargamers used flat figures produced with loving care in small scale studios around Europe and America. They were soon superseded by big hunking lumps of lead and more recently plastic

But now in the last couple of years flats are making a bit of a comeback

First to my knowledge were the Paperboys run by Peter Denis who produces 2D paper miniatures

Next are Commission Figurines who produce 6mm flat MDF figures

More recently Flatpack Forces appeared with some lovely 28mm WW2

And now a company called WoFun are getting to launch a new kickstarter which again is offering what looks like lovely 2D figures

You can see a quick unboxing here

sulphur
    Participant
    952xp

Interested, but couldn’t sign up with them as it keeps saying there’s an error

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

I couldn’t sign up either

sulphur
    Participant
    952xp

Torros go to there web site direct ,I signed up from there. http://www.wo-fun.com cheers kev

sulphur
    Participant
    952xp

Sorry wrong link try http://www.wofun-games.com

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

Cheers

zoidpinhead
    12476xp
    Cult of Games Member

Good spot @torros looks interesting.  I’ve signed up for more information about the Kickstarter too.  As they come on fixed size bases (6x 28mm infantry to a base by the look of things), what rule sets do you see yourself using them with?

In the pictures of the ancients miniatures they seem to be playing on a hex board/mat.  Presumably that would be for Command and Colors Ancients?

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m sure the bases could always chopped up if need be to fit what your personal need is  . They also only seem to be slots  so probably not too hard to replicate on MDF bases

I would like to see metal flats like the old days. I see them pop up in painting competitions from time to time but I have no idea where they get them from. I do like these paper flats a lot not for me but there are a lot of people out there who would like to game but don’t like the hobby.

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Crap. And here was me hoping for a thread about shoes…

@torros thank you!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)