Skip to toolbar

Atomic mass games taking over FFG miniature games

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Atomic mass games taking over FFG miniature games

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

templar007
    52356xp
    Cult of Games Member

Just got home and was hit with this.

I think Atomic Mass Games have done great with Marvel: Crisis Protocol.  They should do well with Legion, Armada, and X-Wing.  (of course I stopped buying X-wing when it switched to 2.0)

It will be interesting to watch!

turbocooler
    Participant
    4103xp

> They should do well with Legion, Armada, and X-Wing

I absolutely disagree, Atomic Mass Games does not have the likes of Alex Davy, Michael Gernes and Luke Eddy without whom X-Wing, Armada and Legion simply would not exist because they convinced the previous FFG bosses to make the games.   If not for Alex Davy there would be no X-Wing 2.0 rebalance.   The tournament scene for Legion exists because of Luke Eddy.

All three have been fired.  What was once a great brand with FFG has now been gutted.   What remains is the BS of poor designers/creative team that has given us awful products like Descent: Legends of the Dark.

Asmodee has made a move to consolidate and save money.  As you can see from the announcement, they have moved over the “management team” but you can read on Reddit and elsewhere they have flushed the design team down the toilet.  Like many holding companies, they nothing of their product, but they know how to run excel spreadsheets and when the numbers do not work they will simply flush the company down the toilet.

FFG is a shell of its former self and Asmodee is all about maximizing savings and milking existing IP without thought of actually making a good product.  While the games Armada, Legion and X-Wing are all mature enough now that they can just keep milking the cow for years, IMHO, there is no real design talent left for new games in the future.

pagan8th
    Participant
    9268xp

Since FFG were taken over by asmodee their customer service has been significantly reduced.

I contacted FFG on three occasions.

First time was about the printing error they made in Mansions of Madnes. They knew of the error and for everyone that asked, they replaced the misprinted cards and gave away a print novel in the Arkham line for the inconvenience.

Second time was because a friends dog ate a card token from Tannhauser and they sent me a full set of replacements when I ask just for the one token.

Third time the was an arm missing from a MoM figure and they replace that too.

Asmodee just say no to customer customer service requests. They are an evil force in the universe… and when GW is less evil… something is wrong.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

AMG is not “taking over” FFG Minis. Asmodee (mothership to both AMG and FFG) is pushing Star Wars Minis over to AMG.

I will have to do some research on Simone Elliott and Will Shick to see how that affects the transition.

The tournament scene for Legion exists because of Luke Eddy.

@turbocooler but keep in mind, that organized play is a separate entity to FFG and my guess is, that Luke will still be involved in SW:L OP

FFG is a shell of its former self and Asmodee is all about maximizing savings and milking existing IP without thought of actually making a good product.

Sadly that’s true for many companies Asmodee gobbled up.

Asmodee just say no to customer customer service requests.

@pagan8th I can’t speak for Asmodee US but the German division still tries very hard to make a good customer service.

But all in all, this is going to be interesting….

turbocooler
    Participant
    4103xp

@sundancer — Luke is gone per his own words on discord, he was let go.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Same as Alex then…. well, more waiting I guess. Hope for the best.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)