Skip to toolbar

Christmas Secret Santa 2021

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Christmas Secret Santa 2021

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Greetings. Since the season with the big fat red dude is approaching fast I think we should do a secret Santa.  Against advice from other people with experience in this I throw my hat in the ring as “organizer”. My ideas so far:

• Grouping of people by tax zone if possible. So UK sends within UK, EU within EU etc. You get the idea.
    • Limit on worth. Of course you can’t force someone to just send 10€ worth of stuff or just a single orc head but I feel there should be a Limit. If I take a look at what a reasonable sized parcel would cost to send from Germany to the rest of the EU (9€) I feel the content of said parcel should range from 10 – 30€
    • parcels should be on their way by the start of December to have a fighting chance to be at their destination before Christmas 2021. This leaves 5 weeks to get this thing off the ground!
    • parcels should be send with tracking/insurance if possible.

If enough people join we could make a group project with all participants where they can show off what they received.

How do we organize this?

So you want to give and receive something to and from the OTTer CoGs? You need to do the following things:

• PM me your delivery address and that’s it

I will collect the addresses and make a list to make sure everybody gets someone to be paired with.

What I will *not* do: be held accountable if your secret Santa (for what reason ever) does not send you stuff or things in transit get lost.

Have I missed anything? Is there anything you want to add to this? Can we get some exposure for this on the XLBS or Weekender? @warzan @lloyd @gerry @brennon @fcostin And why am I doing this?

Coffee….

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks to everybody messaging me so far. I’ll be getting back to you as soon as these bloody headaches let me get a consistent train of thought….

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

I was asked if the secret Santa should send “painted minis or anything hobby related”. I’d say send what ever you feel you’re happy with and think the receiving end would enjoy. (maybe look at their projects and comments for ideas?)

Remember, this is about the joy of bringing joy by gifting stuff 😉

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

My secret santa from @horati0nosebl0wer arrived in the post today. Thank you horati0nosebl0wer for the lovely undead model – I think I’ll find a use for him in my next Kingdom Death playthrough.

And thanks to @sundancer for arranging the secret santa.

thumbnail_IMG_7075thumbnail_IMG_7076

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

New thread. Let’s try this again:

Christman 2023 – Secret Satan!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)