Skip to toolbar

Fantasy basing

Home Forums Fantasy Tabletop Game Discussions Fantasy basing

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

warbossd
    4562xp
    Cult of Games Member

IMG_20190421_10073025mm rounds fit into movement trays just as easily as 25mm squares. Obviously the tray is visible but trays can be decorated and textured. Mine are magnetized hence the gray but it doesn’t have to be this way.

IMG_20190421_100805

These goblins are ripe for 20mn rounds available in mdf from Sally 4th and other suppliers I’m sure.

mellett68
    Participant
    2233xp

I like the look of those MDF trays you can get from a few places with the recess for the correct round base size.

In fact back in the day I used to think movement trays were a bit of an ugly necessity because they were hard to hide nicely with a bit of grit and grass.

Anonymous
    0xp

Cereal box cardboard and blue tac was my first movement tray.  I could just pull the units out of the box I carried them in at my friends house and get on with the game of Fantasy Battle.  Now I use MDF and hot glue for Kings of War.  If I ever go back to a game I need to remove casualties or need individually based models, it should be easy enough to remove the bases from the MDF without damaging the paint job.  They’ll not be getting put onto round bases, though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)