Skip to toolbar

GW reveales Valerian and Aleya

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion GW reveales Valerian and Aleya

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  shredhead 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Ok, look at those minis and tell me that this isn’t the most static and boring release GW has done in a while… seriously.

BLWeekenderReveals-Nov10-Minis50hhcv

Also, she looks more like a Dark Eldar to me than any Sister Of Battle…

grumpygraeme
    923xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hmmmmmmmmm I think your right! They really don’t try to go for dynamic poses for minis do they! I also really don’t like a lot of the bare space marine heads! Might just be the paint job but there is something about this one in particular!!

Does he look a bit like Christopher Walken ( the actor) to anybody else?

Considering the story behind the space marines and how they are incredible fighters they always get very boring poses! Might be difficult to sculpt them into dynamic poses right enough but always seems to go against the image you build when you read any of the books. They always look like guys who will just soak up any damage as they slowly plod across the battlefield rather than the deadly and nimble super soldiers they are meant to be!

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Does he look a bit like Christopher Walken ( the actor) to anybody else?

Yeah, I can see that.

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

She probably doesn’t look like a SoB because she isn’t one; she’s a Sister of Silence. ?

palaeomerus
    611xp

I’ve always thought the modern interpretations of the Sisters of Silence and Custodes made them looks quasi-Eldar in styling with the top knot cue and the conical helms.

Maybe it has something to do with some now discarded ideas about the Emperor’s hidden true nature or origins.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

@lordofuzkulak I didn’t know there was a difference… still looks more like a DE then a human 😉

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer – massive difference; SoS are the Imperium’s psychic blank force tasked with rounding up psykers and carting them off to feed to the Golden Throne, become Astropaths or conscript into sanctioned psykers for the Guard and were founded pre- Great Crusade, whereas  the SoB are nuns with guns and weren’t founded until something like the 35th millennium after the Gorge Vandire heresy from the Brides of the Emperor as a loophole abuse to get around the ban on the Ecclesiarchy having armed forces (they’re only banned on having *men* under arms – nothing says they can’t have *women* under arms). ?

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

It’s almost as if as soon as they put someone in (spacemarine) armour they only ever have that one static pose.

Unless they have a gun or pistol they can use to point at things while they do the ‘foot on rock’ thing.

Compare this to the TAGS and similar gigantic armoured soldiers by Corvus Belli …

onlyonepinman
    18053xp
    Cult of Games Member

Apart from the face on the gold one I like them.  I think they’re supposed to look regal rather than dynamic, which is totally fine.

grumpygraeme
    923xp
    Cult of Games Member

@onlyonepinman I think you have hit the nail on the head with them looking regal.

I do like the SoS sculpt but less so the custodes. I wonder if they have a helmeted version.

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

@grumpygraeme: if you already have Custodes it should be trivial to dig a spare helmet out of your bits box if there isn’t. 😉

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Also he isn’t a Space Marine, he’s a Custodes. They are different.

shredhead
    Participant
    5177xp

He definitely looks like a mutant, that head is way too large, even for “heroic scale”. She looks fine, though. I don’t understand that need for every miniature being “dynamic”, though. Static poses are fine with me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)