Skip to toolbar

Heartbreakng news in Paris

Home Forums Historical Tabletop Game Discussions Heartbreakng news in Paris

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  lordofuzkulak 5 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

Not wargaming news but tragic news that Notre Dame Cathedral is on fire with the central spire collapsing

Hopefully the rest of this iconic building can be saved

chesh
    573xp
    Cult of Games Member

Doesn’t look good, really sad, maybe some of the stone work will survive but I don’t think there much hope beyond that, fire looks very intense

soulman
    2945xp
    Cult of Games Member

instead of the bells the bells…. its “the roof, the roof”..!!!!

soldado
    Participant
    5903xp

Tinfoil hat time

How long before there’s a conspiracy theory doing the rounds that its deliberate to get more donations in to save such an iconic building…

Hopefully they can save some of it and rebuild.

neal5x5
    1370xp
    Cult of Games Member

This is a tragic day for all humankind. Anyone with a sense of history, architecture, or aesthetics is wounded by this loss.

It took 100 years to build. I only hope that we can rebuild it in the same amount of time, if not faster.

To bring the conversation back to gaming and miniatures, is there anyone that has produced a miniature version of the cathedral?

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

It looks like they were doing restoration work near that area ?

wow …

warworksdk
    Participant
    1221xp

Apparently, rumours are already spreading that it’s a case of insurance fraud… 🙁

Personally, I couldn’t say either way, nor would I want to.

And while I’m no fan of organised religion, I can’t help but feel somewhat sad at these news. Notre Dame stands as an example of architecture and the skill of the builders. This is a loss for all of humanity, simply for it’s historic value.

elessar2590
    18201xp
    Cult of Games Member

Catholic Churches were being vandalised and set on fire in France a few weeks ago, might be another case.

Notre Dame was targeted as well but it wasn’t set on fire.

https://www.rt.com/news/454472-arson-vandal-french-catholic-church/

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

@neal5x5 – on the Mordheim FB group recently someone has posted pics of a toy version from the Disney Hunchback of Notre Dame film that they’re using to make a 28mm scale town hall clock; not quite what you have in mind, but close enough.

On topic – agreed with warworksdk; setting aside the religious significance it’s a shame to see the distruction purely based on its historic value.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)