Skip to toolbar

Helmet Wings

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Helmet Wings

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

nightrunner
    11429xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hi,

I am looking to convert some historical figures into a small fantasy human army (probably with Vixtrix Normans or Saxons) and I am looking to buy some separate and attachable helmet wings (Asterix style).  I have looked all over Etsy and Ebay but there seems to be nothing.  I have been looking on the internets but to no avail.  Maybe I am wording the search parameters wrongly.  The thing is, I am sure I saw something once but I cannot for the life of me remember where.

If anyone can point me into the right direction that would be grand.

scribbs
    14505xp
    Cult of Games Member

This sort of thing?

HFL300 Helmet Wings (6)

nightrunner
    11429xp
    Cult of Games Member

Bl**dy h*ll,

I actually used these in one of my dioramas, ‘The Adventures of Frank & Lilly’ and I completely forgot about them.  Strange they did not turn up in my search.

Thank you @scribbs again. These are as close to what I need as I will ever find at this point.  Thanks. They say a friend in need is a friend indeed. At this point I am probably your indentured serf!

scribbs
    14505xp
    Cult of Games Member

Glad to be of help.

stubbybrush
    Participant
    923xp

or these ?

angel-helmets

nightrunner
    11429xp
    Cult of Games Member

@stubbybrush – thanks for the suggestion, but these are way too sci-fi for my needs.  I am looking to convert some Dark Age Normans or Saxons slightly to make them look ‘not that historical’ if you get my drift (somewhat like the Oathmark plastic humans – which I am not very fond of). That is why I was going for some Asterix like feathers to attach to their helmets.  I might also do some armour conversions like half-breast plates and pauldrons to break up the Norman or Saxon aesthetic.

Nonetheless, thanks for the interest shown.

wolfie65
    Participant
    1229xp

Somewhat off topic: You mentioned Astérix, here are some excellent figures from the 70s, which used to come as premiums in packs of chewing gum: http://www.klatmalerier.dk/new_categori_dargaud.html

They are roughly 30mm (to top of head) and, of course, very cartoonish, but fun to paint and a cool addition to any Celtic, Gaulish or fantasy army. They pop up now and then on the various Fleabays around the world, at surprisingly reasonable prices for rare collectibles.

nightrunner
    11429xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.  I will check them out.

sundancer
    42600xp
    Cult of Games Member

Spam bot alert!

please review that users saeed posting history!

@tgu3

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)