Skip to toolbar

Mediterranean Stone Pines and Olive Trees

Home Forums Terrain & Scenery in Tabletop Gaming Mediterranean Stone Pines and Olive Trees

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  panzerkaput 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

panzerkaput
    33931xp
    Cult of Games Member

I am a big fan of games set around the Mediterranean in Greek and Italy like Gangs of Rome, Clash of Spears and Mortal Gods and I am after trees that have the feel of the area rather than the standard breech, pine and oak type trees that you see on must wargame tables. So what am I after?

I am either looking for a couple of things:

1: Someone or somewhere that already does pre-made Stone Pines, Cypress or Olive Trees that are based preferably in the UK.

2: Any How To on making your own Stone Pine, Cypress or Olive Trees

Stone Pine

Stone PineStone Pine 2

Cypress Tree

italian-cypress

Olive Tree

Olive Tree

olive-tree 2

Any help will be appreciated

scribbs
    14505xp
    Cult of Games Member

Debris of War do some made to order trees that include olive trees. I imagine that they could manage some of the other types on request.

https://www.debrisofwar.com/finished-scenery.html

panzerkaput
    33931xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks there @scribbs

panzerkaput
    33931xp
    Cult of Games Member

Can anyone else help out here?

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m pretty sure Mel has some trees in his book. But I need to get home to take a look first. But I recon you could search his playlists on YouTube?

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheTerrainTutor/

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

A complete tree playlist he has!

panzerkaput
    33931xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks there @sundancer but i am after those Mediterranean trees and the ones he has are more northern Europe. Mind you they are very good and a change to the trunks might do it.

visago
    Participant
    99xp

Have you seen the “Setting the Scene” books?  There are pretty good step by step build tutorials in the second volume covers building for Mediterranean terrain.

Karwansaray sells the book here when it is in stock.  Unfortunately it is out of stock right now but the store page is good for previewing the contents of the book to see if it is what your looking for.

Copies of it however can be ordered directly from the “Wargamming with  Silver Whistle” blog.  Down at the bottom of the Jan 5th post Pat mentions that they still have a couple copies of the 1st and 2nd volumes of the book.  I don’t know if there are any left there but might be worth a shot.  I have all three volumes and they are full of pictures, step by steps, and lists for where to get the base materials.

First post for me on the forum, I hope I made it a useful one!

panzerkaput
    33931xp
    Cult of Games Member

@visago thank you very much for that and they look great and I think I am going to invest in them. Cheers there

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)