Skip to toolbar

Off Topic – "The Prisoner" Authorised Action Figure Kickstarter

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Off Topic – "The Prisoner" Authorised Action Figure Kickstarter

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  admiralandy 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

hobbyhub
    Participant
    4169xp

I know that this isn’t gaming related but I know that there must be fans of the show OnTableTop….

At least have a look at the video.

The Prisoner Retro Style Action Figures by Wandering Planet Toys — Kickstarter

Be Seeing You.

sundancer
    42620xp
    Cult of Games Member

I am not a number! I am a free man!

limburger
    21550xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve heard this show exists … but never seen it.

tacticalgenius
    3815xp
    Cult of Games Member

B C N U

tacticalgenius
    3815xp
    Cult of Games Member

probably one of the best shows ever made, totally encompassing, engaging, thought provoking and relevant. Ahead of its time,  misunderstood by many, only understood by MacGoohan

admiralandy
    1642xp
    Cult of Games Member

@tacticalgenius to be fair the whole thing was social commentary in a sublime nuanced abstracted setting. As a 13 year old watching a rerun on the newly launched Channel 4, I didn’t get any of that at the time but it still made an impression enough to rewatch episodes every now and again and have a a series guide or 2 to it.

As regards the Gandalf Prisioner, erm yea never mind, moving on.

My favourite line from No.6 (once get all the context)

Leo Mckern as No. 2 in the ‘Chimes of Big Ben.’

No.2 ‘We like to see this village as a model for the world, and eventually it would be everywhere. What would you like?’

No.6 ‘To live on the moon.’

Baring in mind the show was from 1967 and the moon landing hadn’t even happened yet 🙂

Anyway all during the production of the series McGoohan said, yea, don’t worry got an ending, which was a bare faced lie and he had to come up with the final few episodes in a like a weekend or somesuch to try and finish it up.

limburger
    21550xp
    Cult of Games Member

it wouldn’t be the first or the last time an author/creator claimed to have an ending without actually having it 😉

admiralandy
    1642xp
    Cult of Games Member

@limburger I entirely agree, the rebooted Battlestar Galactica was done a season at a time (probably in case it got cancelled) so some things got introduced and they didn’t know where to take it by the end.

As it was the Prisioner was a case of the ending didn’t really matter it was all about the things on the journey, and a few guys inspired genius, I believe some touches were added by David Tomblin. Well with the old proviso in my opinion, which is kinda what the point of the show was.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)