Skip to toolbar

Orktober 2019 WAAAAAGH!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Orktober 2019 WAAAAAGH!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 141 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  kiranamida 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 185 total)
  • Author

It is now September and the official season for orkiness is upon us. Come out and bring your silly, strange or savage greenskins to the front to give them the love they deserve. Keeping the commentary civil, better than the best orky behavior and not deserving of a krumpin, come and share your projects, ideas and comments on all things orky for the observation.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Waaaaaaaaaaagh you zoggin’ grot!!!!

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

2FF4B4E0-80A2-425E-9A91-B55955107D0F

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

Da boyz found some sweet loot …

Didn’t do any assembling for my project yet, but I did create a basic Ork Name generator using this :

http://www.otd.com/~paul/Vice/orky.html

First results don’t sound Orky enough to be honest, so I might need a bigger list of bits and pieces that the grotz can hammer together.

More on this as and when I getz to it :

Let’s go Waaaaggh!

It’s only been a year since da new buggy.

Did I mention the not-Ork vehicle that’s perfect for unleasing your inner-mek ?

Oooh, a not-Ork buggy? That sounds like a cover for orkiness. In all honesty I was tempted to get a box set of Speed Freeks in order to have a reason to build up some bikes and buggies with odds and ends. Realistically I think that would have been more time and effort than I have to actually build before attempting to paint. Orks get by on their numbers but they can get out of hand with a good Waaaaaagh!.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

Killteam is a way to start a small ork force that doesn’t require a ton of models.
    Another option is to ignore their infantry and go vehicle only with a few killa-kans and dreads (the apocalypse detachment for Orks is exactly that).

I’ve seen an ork army for sale at a local shop for $200 that is well over $500 in value but again its just way too much money at the moment not to forget the amount of stuff. I’m already behind on my Legends of Signum painting and I’m looking down the barrel of the upcoming Raid on the Temple of Serpents from Titanforge to get sent.

I’ll stick with my Blood Bowl team after the Flash Git project.

evilstu
    15298xp
    Cult of Games Member

Surely one more project on the go at once won’t hurt, right?

Ok, I’m in ?

@evilstu I believe that might be detrimental to your health with so many projects. Focus on the greenskins before anything else and it’ll all work out. Really, I swear on my favorite grot it will (do I even have one? *looking around*).

@mage Speaking of having just one more project… what will you be bringing to the fray?

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@horati0nosebl0wer my neglected Ironjawz that have been basecoated and unintentionally looking… cybergoth

evilstu
    15298xp
    Cult of Games Member

OK, plan for Orctober will be this, given I’ve had it sitting unopened for a couple of years…:

20190903_193656a

40 foot, 10 cavalry and 3 chariots, plus 3 bases of orclings/snotlings. I’ll do prep and assembly before hand, mainly as I hate working with restic… I figure as long as I paint them all next month it’s all good, right? Might add a some characters if I feel ambitious or can find suitable minis in my orc box…

@horati0nosebl0wer heh, I backed the Titanforge KS too – still haven’t completed the pledge manager, worried I might get tempted to overspend… Really nice looking renders thus far 🙂

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

@horati0nosebl0wer @evilstu @mage So this is where you are hiding!

Once again I have no Orc/Ork/Orruk plans but I really look forward to seeing what you chaps get up to.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Oh no…. Ooooooh no! Those little (and no so little) pest stay in the closet until I’ve finished my SW:L stuff….

kiranamida
    5782xp
    Cult of Games Member

Got an Ork Kill Team sitting in default grey and recently picked up some of that new Contrast paint to help get through them.
    Perhaps this is a sign I should put them towards the top of the priority list.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer … join usss … join uss … we iz all green down ere …

surely painting all those white troopers must have gotten boring.

Green is good. Moar Green iz bettah!

Join da Waaagh!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 185 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)