Skip to toolbar

Patreon Watch – October 2020

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Patreon Watch – October 2020

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lawnor 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve spanked quite a lot on Patreon this month. But as I don’t know how things are going to pan out work-wise over the coming months, I thought I’d spend it while I had it! There are a couple that I stick with each month, just because… well, it’s cyberpunk.

Cyber Forge have some really cool-looking bikers this month. And they’ve started adding in themed scatter terrain: this month it’s a cyber-bar complete with robot bartender and pool table. After a bit of a wonky start, it’s nice to them focussing on character models.

cyber forge

What seems odd, then, is that Unit 9 – possibly one of the most consistent cyberpunk creators lately – seem to have gone off the boil for October. They have produced some amazing character models in recent weeks, and really set the bar as to what to expect. So this month’s offering felt a bit… meh, when it landed.

Usually they’re hyping things up and getting us excited with previews of releases for the following month. But since early September they’ve gone quiet. We heard nothing about the October releases until they went live – and then there was no usual fanfare or promotion – it felt like it’d been sneaked out. A few marine troops and a large “dreadnought” looking thing?

I’ll give them a pass this month, because their stuff to date has been so good. But it’s not like just about every other sci-fi creator across Patreon hasn’t already put out their own “marines” and shoulder-weapon-mounted-ED209-a-like, which makes this month’s minis feel like a bit of a cop-out

unit9 oct

The other cyberpunk creator I usually support is Papsikels. I very nearly gave up on him a few months ago – static, boring poses, the same character repeated every month; but I’m glad I stuck with him, and his releases get better with every month. I wasn’t too sure about the “fantasy” element being introduced with non-human characters, but actually I think the cyber-troll character works quite nicely. The cubicle office furniture this month was a nice touch too.

papsikels oct

I dip in and out of Anvil Digital Forge and am not really a fan of multi-part models. But this month’s release with so many modular parts was just too good to pass up. Sure, I’m going to have to bash the pieces together in MeshMixer before printing (I hate printing and gluing tiny little parts together) but the effort is going to be worth it – there are so many possibilities with this month’s release

anvil digital forge oct

Albino Raven is a creator I stumbled upon a couple of months ago. They are producing modern soldiers. A bit like Anvil this month, I first signed up with them a few months ago because they did a bumper release month and had some nice modular, modern soldiers. I only planned to stick with them for a month, but the preview for October looked so interesting (they create throughout the month and release at the end of the month, so there are no pre-made previews before you commit your money) I couldn’t bring myself to cancel, in case I missed out on something really cool – a helichopter!

albino raven mini

And lastly, it’s halloween at the end of this month. Quite a few creators are producing fantasy halloween minis (pumpkin-headed scarecrows and the like) but I just liked the confidence of PollyGrimm to put out an all-female spooky release this month. And, Mrs Blinky quite liked the Elvira-like mini and challenged me to learn to paint a translucent/sheer effect like nylon. As if I don’t have enough to be getting on with already!

polygrimm

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

RN EStudios

October Release 41October image 2 Release1

Titan Forge

11 October Release

Artisan Guild

artisan

Raging Heroes

CarnEvil-Circus-Line-up-Small[1]

Ritual Casting

1[1]

Printed Obsession

1[1]

Sarks Foundry

1[1]

Warploque 

1[1]

Duncan Shadow Louca

1[1]

Lost Kingdoms

1[1]

Dragon Trappers Lodge

df0d4db4b1d726003d1cae9bfa1a035f919e8fd5[1]

Hero Spawn Spot

Says there’s more to come

1[1]

Monstrous Encounters

Men-At-Arms-1[1]

Bowmen-1[1]HQ-Elf[1]House-Umbra-Classic-1[1]

Thunder Chrome

1[2]

Vae Victus

iba9[1]4iaa[1]bdrn[1]6zps[1]366p[1]

Asgard Rising

1[1]

Cast N Play

castnplay2castnplay

Loot Studios

NX2CLGEkQwCDLBtF3Kgg_file[1]uPOSBVl4Q2WSG1BOsghs_file[1]VQfx2WluTh6gC9q58k8J_file[1]

Lord of the Print

Release-TPL_desert[1]

Goonmaster Games

g9gEU2W[1]L3jryIZ[1]CsZJ3Rq[1]

Ghamak

121445563_3133233436805570_8696244238551060120_o[1]121611809_377776686730322_1405768349085317650_n[1]

Makers Cult

1[1]

Twin Goddess

1[1]1[1]

Monstrous Makings

1[1]

Soldiers of Fortune

Kn8RpEd[1]

Highland miniatures

50412519613_6b7b95c571[1]50422176608_474c3c27d5[1]

Clynche

cly

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  lawnor.

sundancer
    42558xp
    Cult of Games Member

@blinky465 That weird robot on the left of Cyber Forge on the first picture looks to me like one of those police robots from Fallout New Vegas… but militarized and on steroids XD

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yeah, I’m never impressed with “big” miniatures. The clue is in the name – miniatures. I don’t get why people get so excited over “big stuff”. And it almost always just looks generic or like a rip-off from something else anyway.

I was a bit critical of this month’s Cyber Forge for being a bit generic. But the preview for next month looks really interesting

https://www.patreon.com/posts/november-preview-42779152

Image1

They’re going into the outer reaches, outside the city. And things are getting weird… I’ve not idea what “hardcore country” is – but it looks brilliant.

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve finished updating the November PW

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)