Skip to toolbar

Price of GW's Shadowspear in NZ

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Price of GW's Shadowspear in NZ

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  hobbyhub 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hobbyhub
    Participant
    4169xp

Hi All,

For those that are interested, the price of Shadowspear in NZ is $347.

For comparisons sake the cost of Dark Imperium is $250.

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

Does that include delivery by flying monkeys and a signed letter by the CEO of GW to apologize for the absurd pricing ?

hobbyhub
    Participant
    4169xp

I wish….  The exchange rate used to be around NZ $3 for each pound, but now that is down to $2.   BUT of course GW haven’t changed that part of the equation. (I realise there is a big transportation part of the price.)

Upon further reflection it is around the price of 2 Start Collecting 40K boxes, which range in price from $165 and $195.

mecha82
    Participant
    10037xp

Pricing like that makes me feel bad for people in AUS and NZ who like GW games and products while at same time also being happy that I don’t live there so that I don’t have to pay prices like that.

rayzryr
    Participant
    20833xp

As an Aussie I can somewhat sympathise, though I feel that it’s even worse in NZ?

If you really want that set, I’d recommend Mighty Ape? They seem to offer a small discount on all their gaming stuff, certainly that set is a little cheaper with them

jamesedwards
    Participant
    1101xp

Also worth noting that in Australia at least (probably NZ too) it is hard to get 10 or 20% off from onliners such as appears to be standard in the UK. Whilst they exist they are frequently out of stock and it seems like they have a hard time maintaining supply. So this is further price inflation by GW.

I find the constant gouging annoying at it influences me away from GW and towards other games.

hobbyhub
    Participant
    4169xp

I was really just posting the price in NZ dollars so other places could do a conversion to the own currencies.

New Zealand, I believe, is the first part of the GW webstore that get preorders since it is GMT+12 hours  (+13 hours during daylight savings, which it currently is).

Being an ex-retailer, I try to order from Brick and Mortar when possible.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)