Skip to toolbar

Project system

Home Forums Technical Support Project system

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  blinky465 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

blinky465
    12631xp
    Cult of Games Member

Just a question really.

I’m about to do a brain dump of a project and it might contain some technical details and designs for laser cutting (that I designed myself, don’t panic about copyright!)

Can I upload files to the project system, and can I then share them with other members?

If it’s possible, I might even rewrite some of my flashing light code for Arduino and upload some .ino files that others can just download and run in the Arduino IDE?

sundancer
    26276xp
    Cult of Games Member

Since most of the site is wordpress based I’d say it should work. Maybe pack them as a zip and drop them in there. Filesize could be an issue (potentially)

If all else fails I could be persuaded to share some space on my nextcloud server. So you’d have a link to files.

timchubb
    Keymaster
    2191xp

Uploads are limited to images and pdf’s I believe (or at least they should be).

Personally i would host technical docs and source code on github/gitlab and just link to the repository, if nothing else you may end up with some pull requests from me ;), or use dropbox or mega and share a folder…

sundancer
    26276xp
    Cult of Games Member

Uploads are limited to images and pdf’s I believe (or at least they should be).

That calls for a field test!

sundancer
    26276xp
    Cult of Games Member

Let me phrase it this way: as long as the file is either ending on  .pdf or most picture file extensions the upload works. No matter what the actual upload is.

oriskany
    43537xp
    Cult of Games Member

.pdf files work fine. I do them for battle reports and rules sets / counter sheets (I don’t upload other people’s rules sets – that would be less than cool). I think there’s a 5MB limit on photos that works for the usual suspects (.jpg, .png, etc)?

blinky465
    12631xp
    Cult of Games Member

PDFs are good. I can upload 100% scaled images as a pdf for laser cutting/printing (not everyone is a fan of .dxf files anyway). For other stuff, I can host the files myself (or even shove them on a shared Google drive or something). Though I am intrigued at @sundancer ‘s suggestion of changing the extension of a .zip/.rar and uploading it…

I’m just not a fan of GitHub – especially with the whole undo before uploading thing changing the modified dates of the files on your local machine; I get that it has lots of benefits (not least the pull/commit thing) I just don’t like it.

But I’ll create (yet another) project shortly and start uploading stuff.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)