Skip to toolbar

Prusa i3 mk3 – janus1004 first 3D printer – setup and impressions

Home Forums 3D Printing for Tabletop Gaming Prusa i3 mk3 – janus1004 first 3D printer – setup and impressions

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  basilbrush 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

janus1004
    4165xp

Hi,

I took the plunge late March and got myself a preassembled Prusa i3 mk3. As there was a backlog of orders I received my package mid May or so. Having no prior experience wit 3D-printing and the “electronics hobby” I hope for a easy to use printer which would not have me going into the nitty-gritty of the machine but making it possible for me to focus on the actual prints. On this the Prusa defenitely delivered, simple unpack and calibrating one axis and I was off printing. Much, much better than I had feared….

IMG_1480

After printing the recommended Prusa logo I went onto printing the classic boaty;

IMG_1485IMG_1487IMG_1488

This was the result without making any changes to the printer at all and printing at 0.2mm. Good and acceptable result for my purposes. Since then the printer has been on for 300-400h and no glitches whatsoever so far. I have tested the automatic system for putting a print on hold when the filament runs out and that also worked perfect. The print resumed where it had stopped without loosing quality, excellent!

Overall, I can recommend the Prusa as an excellent choice for users wanting to focus on the printed object rather than the printer itself and does not mind paying the small premium the printer costs (about 1000€).

Another example of a print using a file from Printable Scenery;

IMG_1493

spaced2020
    Participant
    2124xp

Very cool – I love the building, kind of stuff I would be printing 🙂

Glad to hear that you are having good experiences already, I am certainly considering investing in a printer in the future, it’s a hobby in itself.

madasaskaven
    2602xp
    Cult of Games Member

my CR10S is been delivered today… I can’t wait.   I have been looking at printable scenery website myself. are you using Cura software?

janus1004
    4165xp

I am using the custom slicer provided by Prusa (which I think is based of some other common slicer) called “Prusa Slic3r 3D”.

stvitusdancern
    Participant
    1918xp

Love Prusa I had ordered mk2 but cancelled it when I learned there was the mk3 coming out. Still waiting. I have two other 3d printers and love them. Printable Scenery is amazing printed this water Mill. 0529170612g

basilbrush
    Participant
    554xp

honestly i would have stuck with the mk2. the mk3 has lots of bugs that still need ironing out

My mk2 is a workhorse. The mk3 is still in its box

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)