Skip to toolbar

[Kickstarter] Bones VI by Reaper Miniatures started!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [Kickstarter] Bones VI by Reaper Miniatures started!

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Companies:

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mousaka 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mousaka
    Participant
    929xp

Bones 6, Tales from the Green Griffon has now launched on Kickstarter, and should be a great place to get a lot of new models in a variety of themes, including werebears, Dragons, Woodland, Undead, Egyptian, Dungeon/ Demonic  and Tavern (of course).

There is also Chibi and Beefolk and Nightmares to keep on with.

Just have a look, it can’t hurt can it?

mousaka
    Participant
    929xp

This ks is still hoping and more stretch goals have been completed, the current ones being a new dragon, finishing two expansions and adding on a free werebear to the core set, with a wolf pack being the next free miniature.

Definitely worth a punt

limburger
    21591xp
    Cult of Games Member

yes, there’s a few things that look good/interesting (one can never have enough zombies/ghouls)
    and if it hadn’t been for things like Frostgrave and its ilk I really would be asking myself why you’d need something like it.

but … it’s a bit too much and with 3D printing getting where it is these days I wonder how much longer a kickstarter like this can be profitable.

pagan8th
    Participant
    9858xp

I backed the first Blacklist Fantasy, so got plenty of generic fantasy miniatures that I’ll probably not get around to painting.

Only just finished gluing the resins of Carnevale kickstarter together.

ced1106
    Participant
    6221xp

> but … it’s a bit too much and with 3D printing getting where it is these days I wonder how much longer a kickstarter like this can be profitable.

fwiw, Reaper said that, while the “personalities” attract buyers, it’s the minions and huge figures that get sold. AFAIK, It still takes time to print a mini, so 3D printing is best for that custom mini not available elsewhere. But when 3D printers can spit out high-resolution colored miniatures at an affordable price, watch out!

My speculation is Siocast, which Reaper is already starting. With Siocast, you can print small runs locally, so don’t need to wait for Chinese manufacturing. Siocast molds are silicon (?) or something that aren’t the steel molds that costs thousands of dollars, and the miniature material is a plastic, which is cheaper than the rising cost of metal. Thus, you don’t need the initial funding that KS provides. Maybe the steel molds would still be cost-effective for minions that would be bought in multiples, dunno.

I sure wish Reaper would team up with WotC or Paizo to create a “single purchase set” of miniatures for their starter boxes, as well as for standees in popular boardgames, such as Gloomhaven. (Anyone know who the creator is for the upcoming GH miniatures KS? Sure hope it’s not Blacklist Games…) Since I’ve backed Bones I-IV and have a ton of miniatures already, I can pass on Bones VI, though I’m waiting for the core set price per miniature to drop. I’m actually painting some Bones for a tabletop game, and recommend them for up to advanced tabletop painting, at least. I have enough zombies from CMON’s Black Plague KS and Mantic, though!

mousaka
    Participant
    929xp

I may not be backingbfor as much as Bones 5, but it is still a good value if you want that theme.

The core set is much bigger now snd they have just announced the very big dragon and the paint set, as well as showing off 1st part of the Egyptian and dungeons expansions.

Egyptian Expansion is probably worth checking if you are a fan of Moonknight as it will at least have several of the Gods shown in the show.

I am going for the Briarwood expansion due to the insect models, dragon and alicorn which will be popular to paint with my children.

I woukd agree that Frostgrave and similar model-agnost games have made this kind of ks still popular, and I think more model-agnost games are good thing fornthe industry.

mousaka
    Participant
    929xp

They only went and built one!

image-light-house

mousaka
    Participant
    929xp

Last few hours, all expansions unlocked! And they are still going with encounters and core set add ons.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)