Skip to toolbar

South Essex Sharpe’s Rifles

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming South Essex Sharpe’s Rifles

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  alfonsothetraitor 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I painted up some South Essex from Sharpe’s Rifles that I will one day be playing Sharpe’s imageimagePractice. image

kantor72
    4854xp
    Cult of Games Member

Lovely work.What range are they from ?

Victrix limited , not the best but you get 50 For not a lot of money and they are plastic.  You get a lot of different poses.

avernos
    Keymaster
    33467xp

kantor72
    4854xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks @alfonsothetraitor .That’s them going on the purchase list for a future project.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

The Victrix are nice because you can get a whole box of Light/Grenadier Company minis. They look great! Excellent work on the mis-matched trousers!

scribbs
    14505xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve never got further than looking at the Perry’s for 28mm Napoleonics, but those Victrix minis look pretty good too.

Thank you !

That was something that I saw in the Sharpe’s Rifles series that stuck with me that I really wanted to do when I finally painted miniatures .

I went with the Victrix Ltd for two mayor reasons first was value. You get 52minis for a great value and second was I went with the Peninsular flank companies because of the great poses. I mean you do get some block marching troops that you need for Napoleonic’s but you also get a lot of action poses that I wanted for playing skirmish games what I was going to play.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

It’s very historically accurate, something that Bernard Cornwell strives for in his books! (If no one has read the book series I do highly recommend it.) Basically, the British at the time were supposed to wear white canvas trousers, but when they wore out they bought local cloth to make new ones so they called them Portuguese Brown.

cptaqua
    2360xp
    Cult of Games Member

They look great, lovely work. I remember going to the rifles museum in Winchester as a kid, they had a massive Waterloo battlefield all set up, it was very impressive.

templar007
    52356xp
    Cult of Games Member

And thus begins the next great army build-up!

Two Samurai armies last time…….

This time are you doing the entire Waterloo battle in ‘One mini equal One Soldier’?  It will be grand if you do it!  🙂

That museum sounds awesome.

Still working on those Samurai I had to stop because I ran out of  Samurai . I will buy more when funds are made available. I had these sitting on the shelf for a while n out w and thought I would give it a try

kantor72
    4854xp
    Cult of Games Member

A few Weekendenders / XLBS shows ago,the guys were looking over a company that made the characters from Sharpe,can anyone remember it’s name ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)