Skip to toolbar

Swag Brag

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

m30wm1x
    2318xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m a bit surprised that I’ve not seen this thread made yet, so I thought I’d take it upon myself to start one. Just the usual post expo ‘whatcha’ get?’ post. It was my first expo and I really enjoyed it, I just went for the Saturday. Lots of shineys to look at and saw a few of the beasts, but they were all walking with purpose so I didn’t but in to say hi.

Anyway, my brother also got himself a copy of the walking dead but, I got some tanks! blood red skies and some paints, turfts and step measurers.

IMG_20180602_211008

I’ve shown you mine, now show me yours’.

warzan
    Keymaster
    30469xp

Ohh lovely Stuff lol

a27cromwell
    Participant
    3127xp

Always get a little bit down when you lucky guys get to go to these large game shows , many , many miles away from me across the ocean  . So  I always try to pick my spirits by not only reading about your adventures and awesome purchases , but by heading down to the LHS and picking up some new “toys ” for myself .  Well this weekend I got myself a couple of Rubicon 250 half tracks , a Warlord Type 97 Chi – Ha tank and a couple of blister packs from FFG Imperial Assault , – Ahsoka Tano and  Hera Syndull & Chopper .  Then off to a local pub for a double  Buffalo burger , fries and a large cold drink. It turned out to be an awesome day

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by  a27cromwell.

kantor72
    4854xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice swag 😀 .

maledrakh
    Participant
    11996xp

Q: are the counters in the Tanks! counter pack you bought there made of printed plastic or cardboard? I cant seem to find that info in the webshops and live too far from a FLGS to check for myself.

m30wm1x
    2318xp
    Cult of Games Member

There acrylic, so it’s about 3-4mm of clear plastic ontop off the printed background.

m30wm1x
    2318xp
    Cult of Games Member

UKGE is the closest to me but is still about 130 miles, 2 hours away. Was worth the journey IMO. Even if you didn’t get them from a giant hall that sounds like a hobby haul to be proud of.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

As if I needed proof that this event would have been dangerous to my wallet … 😉

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

Going to have to try and make this next year I think, although I say that about every event I see. Will have to make a shortlist!

timchubb
    Keymaster
    3166xp

Games Expo IS the uk event to go to in my opinion, just dont be afraid to look for hotels a mile or 2 away from the NEC, as the onsite ones are badly price gouging over expo weekend, taxi’s wouldnt cost more than £10 each way and with it being a multi day event you have the luxary of taking your time (plus you wont see it all even if your their for 3 days!)

doctorether
    Participant
    9166xp

Yup my own hotel room (well at a guesthouse) was 10 mins in a taxi, and shared, ended up as £50 a night. Not bad really. Taxi was £6 each way.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

JEEBUS!

Spam bot alert!

Please cleanse nasams with fire

@tgu3 @nakchak

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)